CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   looking for double pointed needles (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38333)

jg July 14th 03 04:50 AM

looking for double pointed needles

for knitting, prefer wood or bamboo but will consider aluminum...
need 5...
thank you
anna
remove (NO-SPAM)

SlinkyToy July 14th 03 04:53 AM

Depending on the size you need (which you didn't mention) you may be able to
make your own. Visit a crafts store, which generally has a larger selection
of the small sizes of dowel. Pick out the ones of a size to suit which have
the straightest grain (not necessarily the straightest dowels, however).
Cut them to lengths you like, then sharpen the ends in a good pencil
sharpener. Sand with progressively finer sandpaper, then polish with
beeswax for a smooth finish. Or, you can do what I do which is to simply
use them with greasy wool for a while, then stick them in your bun when
you're between needles in the work.

om...