CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ceramic kilns: heard they are not compatible with glass??? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=101971)

Larry[_2_] April 1st 09 11:53 PM

ceramic kilns: heard they are not compatible with glass???

Hello,

I was recently informed that once a kiln is used for ceramics, it can
not be used for glass: is this true???? Thanks in advance

Larry

Elske April 2nd 09 10:03 AM

ceramic kilns: heard they are not compatible with glass???

"Larry" schreef in bericht
| Hello,
|
| I was recently informed that once a kiln is used for ceramics, it can
| not be used for glass: is this true???? Thanks in advance

Yes. I was informed it will always leave traces of the 'dust' of ceramics.
--
Elske
www.elske.nl

Chemo the Clown April 2nd 09 09:56 PM

ceramic kilns: heard they are not compatible with glass???

On Apr 2, 2:03*am, "Elske" wrote:
"Larry" schreef in ...
| Hello,
|
| I was recently informed that once a kiln is used for ceramics, it can
| not be used for glass: is this true???? *Thanks in advance

Yes. I was informed it will always leave traces of the 'dust' of ceramics..
--
Elskewww.elske.nl

Well...you could always vaccum it out.

[email protected] April 9th 09 03:40 AM

On Apr 1, 3:53*pm, Larry wrote:
Hello,

I was recently informed that once a kiln is used for ceramics, it can
not be used for glass: is this true???? *Thanks in advance

Larry

This tutorial will help you:
http://www.glasscampus.com/tutorials...or%20Glass.pdf

Dennis Brady