CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Huskylock430 (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=103562)

DeDe June 23rd 09 08:54 PM

Huskylock430

Hello... I'm new to serger information. I have an opportunity to purchase
a Huskylock 430 for under $100..
My question is.. does this sew a seam, finish the seam and trim the seam
at the same time?
And is it a self threader?
Thanks

-------------------------------------

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3871 messages and counting!

Jenn Ridley[_2_] June 23rd 09 11:37 PM

Huskylock430

(DeDe) wrote:

Hello... I'm new to serger information. I have an opportunity to purchase
a Huskylock 430 for under $100..
My question is.. does this sew a seam, finish the seam and trim the seam
at the same time?

All sergers do, so yes.

And is it a self threader?

probably not, but it's fairly easy to follow the thread paths (I had a
340 for a couple of decades).

Do make sure that the tension dials are still working properly -- I
sewed for 10 years with a wonky dial on the 340, and while it wasn't a
problem for me, it's not something I'd have wanted to deal with before
I was used to using a serger.

--
Jenn Ridley :