CraftBanter

-   -   What is with the low number of posts? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=115526)

Susan Laity Price March 5th 11 03:58 PM

What is with the low number of posts?

Yesterday I only received 11 post from this group and three of those
were spam. Something must be wrong. You are never this quiet. Do I
need to start flaming someone to get some action?

Susan

Kate XXXXXX March 5th 11 04:57 PM

What is with the low number of posts?

On 05/03/2011 16:46, Sandy wrote:
In ,
Susan Laity wrote:

Yesterday I only received 11 post from this group and three of those
were spam. Something must be wrong. You are never this quiet. Do I
need to start flaming someone to get some action?

Susan

standing by with the fire extinguisher

And the bucket of custard...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Jo Gibson[_2_] March 5th 11 08:50 PM

On 05/03/2011 15:58, Susan Laity Price wrote:
Yesterday I only received 11 post from this group and three of those
were spam. Something must be wrong. You are never this quiet. Do I
need to start flaming someone to get some action?

Susan

Maybe everyone is sewing?

-- Jo in Scotland

Jo Gibson[_3_] March 5th 11 08:54 PM

What is with the low number of posts?

On 05/03/2011 15:58, Susan Laity Price wrote:
Yesterday I only received 11 post from this group and three of those
were spam. Something must be wrong. You are never this quiet. Do I
need to start flaming someone to get some action?

Susan

Perhaps everyone is sewing?

-- Jo in Scotland

amy in SoCal March 6th 11 03:34 AM

What is with the low number of posts?

i have been quilting. and making blocks for BOM's. and mending. and
visiting. and....life does happen. I do lurk occasionally, tho!

Polly Esther[_5_] March 6th 11 05:58 AM

What is with the low number of posts?

Flaming sounds like a comforting idea. We were singing "Welcome, sweet
spring time" and our temp went from 80° to 26°. Even the Yorkie has moved
back from the cool tile floor to the sheepskin rug in front of the
fireplace.
Want to start an argument or two just to wake everybody up?
Let's see.
Bernina is vastly superior to Janome.
Anybody that machine quilts is not really quilting.
'Real' men do not quilt.
Nobody with a brain would use a steam iron when piecing.
Anybody who doesn't pre-wash is careless and stupid.
Putting in a new needle after only 6 months is wasteful.
The only people who use prints instead of solids are hiding missed
points.
Quilts should not be used/abused. They deserve 'put away and save'
status.
Hooo BOy! that was fun.
Anyone? Polly

Steven Cook March 6th 11 07:58 AM

What is with the low number of posts?

Polly

I'm not going near any of those with a 10 foot pole. I'll just sit back and
watch the sparks fly.

Anyways, life. It's what happens and takes up newsgroup time. How can
February be the shortest month and the longest month at the same time. Too
short for everything that needs to be done, and too long that it seems like
spring is never going to get here.

The very, very last page of the yearbook was sent on Friday, three days
early. Only to have that now extra time taken up with more planning for
state conference at the end of this month. And planning for next year's
schedule has started as well as more, and more and more, it just never ends
on the school front.

But, I took a class back in January at the LQS on using a long-arm and last
weekend I went and rented her machine for $20 an hour and quilted two lap
quilts. It went quite well. A few bumps along the way but overall pleased
with the results. Finishing the binding on the quilt for Grandma and then
will tackle the other. Hope to post pictures later this week. Also have
finished the baltimore blocks so am ready to sash and border them. Maybe
tomorrow.

Otherwise been working, surviving, reading RCTQ, but not responding much.

Steven
Alaska

Roberta[_3_] March 6th 11 01:39 PM

What is with the low number of posts?

Well bless your heart!
Anybody who uses "hopefully" at the beginning of a sentence has
probably committed grammatical suicide.
Roberta in D

Taria March 6th 11 03:10 PM

What is with the low number of posts?

I don't know where everyone is. I have spent some days lately working in
the yard.
The weather here hopping around from spring back to winter so I take
advantage
of the 'spring' days.
I don't have a 10 foot pole but I agree with the Bernina is vastly superior
to Janome.
That should bring Leslie out. LOL, ducking and running.
Taria

Polly Esther[_5_] March 6th 11 03:43 PM

What is with the low number of posts?

You'd think my list of flames would at least have drawn out the long-armers
.... they probably 'do' have 10 ft poles. Polly

"Taria" wrote in message
I don't know where everyone is. I have spent some days lately working in
the yard.
The weather here hopping around from spring back to winter so I take
advantage
of the 'spring' days.
I don't have a 10 foot pole but I agree with the Bernina is vastly
superior to Janome.
That should bring Leslie out. LOL, ducking and running.
Taria

"Polly Esther" wrote