CraftBanter

-   -   Crazy patch Quilt (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=31185)

SC April 1st 04 03:52 PM

Crazy patch Quilt

I am looking for a crazy patch quilt made of squares. I remember seeing
this quilt through a link posted by someone in this group. If I remember
correct it went something like - you have several squares piled cut it an
angle and then cut the next cut and keep rotating. At the moment I read it,
it sounded very simple and interesting. I am so sure I book marked it, I am
looking through my saved files, my favourites but without successes. If
anybody remembers or know something similar to what I am looking for , can
you please point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

Roberta April 1st 04 04:06 PM

Is this what you are looking for?
This one is called stack and slash

http://www.welshofer.com/WebThreads/...six/ssgrph.htm

I actually made one of these for my oldest daughter

http://community.webshots.com/user/robertasquilts

Roberta

SC April 2nd 04 02:03 AM

Thank you very much. It is very similar to the one I am looking for.
I love your quilt. The colours are vibrant. I hope I am able to do
something like this.
Thanks once again.
Shakuntala

Maureen Wozniak April 4th 04 12:06 AM

It sounds like you're describing a Stack n Slash. IIRC, you stack up 12
12-inch squares. Make you're first cut. Move the top piece to the
bottom on the right-hand stack. So back together and place in the same
order they were originally. Make your second cut and repeat what you
did before. I think I made a total of twelve cuts and then squared up
the blocks.

Maureen