CraftBanter

-   -   Quilters groups/clubs (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139334)

Julie August 1st 14 11:36 PM

Quilters groups/clubs

Hi, I am new to quilting and sewing for that matter! Are there any quilters
groups near san clemente who get together to sew and help each other learn
about quilting and just for the social fun?
Julie

Julia in MN[_5_] August 2nd 14 01:49 PM

Quilters groups/clubs

On 8/1/2014 5:36 PM, Julie wrote:
Hi, I am new to quilting and sewing for that matter! Are there any quilters
groups near san clemente who get together to sew and help each other learn
about quilting and just for the social fun?
Julie

I googled "quilt guilds San Clemente". This was the first item in the
list of results: http://www.surfsidequiltersguild.org/Home.aspx. I
know nothing about the group other than what is on the website.

If you are looking for a smaller group, the guild may have smaller
groups that meet separately. Or you may meet someone at a guild meeting
that you can get together with. A quilt shop may also know of groups
that you could join.

Here's a list of quilting guilds in California:
http://www.quiltguilds.com/california.htm

Julia in MN

Taria August 2nd 14 03:37 PM

Quilters groups/clubs

Hi Julie, I took my first quilting class at Saddleback College in 1976.
Not sure if they still do that.
Beach Cities is the big guild down there. If you go to the SCCQG site:
http://www.sccqg.org/
you can look up guilds in the area. If you jump in at a guild you are
likely to find some smaller
friendship groups there. Good luck on your sewing adventures.
Taria

roups.com...