CraftBanter

-   -   Courthouse steps Block (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=58579)

Christina in Ok October 19th 05 08:32 AM

Courthouse steps Block

Where do I find a pattern for the Courthouse steps?
I have been googleing and many do come up, but no patterns.

--
Christina Hilburn
Web Site: http://gardenbreeze.us

dreamboat October 19th 05 09:37 AM

Courthouse steps Block

Check out the log cabin variation on quiltercache.com.
It is similar to the courthouse steps.
dreamboat
http://community.webshots.com/user/dreamboat116

Patti October 19th 05 11:25 AM

Courthouse steps Block

Courthouse Steps is a straightforward variation of Log Cabin, Christina.
Think of your original centre squa
then, instead of going from side 1 to side 2 to side 3 to side 4, you go
from side 1 to side 3 to side 2 to side 4.
It is very useful indeed, because it is a Log Cabin variation which can
be made symmetrical.
As to the colour distribution, that does depend on the final effect you
want. As a rough trial that you can do quickly: draw a normal square
grid, and draw in the diagonals to those squares. Those quarters can
represent the quarters in the Courthouse Steps pattern, so you can
colour them in and see what pattern you like. You will see that this
can make many interesting secondary patterns.
HTH
..
In message , Christina in Ok
writes
Where do I find a pattern for the Courthouse steps?
I have been googleing and many do come up, but no patterns.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Jenn/Jalynne October 19th 05 02:38 PM

Courthouse steps Block

http://www.equilters.com/library/log...bin_part5.html
http://www.quilt.com/Foundations/Bas...sicBlocks.html
http://hometown.aol.com/qltblockcenter/bombeg/0011.html

Here's the three best I found, and they give you a good choice...
--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

Christina in Ok October 19th 05 03:46 PM

Courthouse steps Block

Thanks Dreamboat,
Now I see why I missed it, I wasn't searching for
"log cabin Variation" but Just courthouse steps"
LOL

Thanks : )

.. .

Sally Swindells October 20th 05 12:53 AM

Courthouse steps Block

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:38:59 GMT, "Jenn/Jalynne"
wrote:

http://www.equilters.com/library/log...bin_part5.html
http://www.quilt.com/Foundations/Bas...sicBlocks.html
http://hometown.aol.com/qltblockcenter/bombeg/0011.html

Here's the three best I found, and they give you a good choice...

I liked the last one (the AOL) They had lots of useful bits and
pieces, including an idea for one of my Christmas BOM sets I was
waiting for inspiration for!

Thanks
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

A&T October 20th 05 02:29 AM

Courthouse steps Block

My Courthouse Steps quilt came from "A log cabin Notebook by Mary Ellen
Hopkins.

It seems to be slightly different than the patterns posted because the three
squares in the middle of mine are all the same size.

Here's the link, if you want to look:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/momiix...&.dnm=3614.jpg

If that doesn't work, click on sig, then finished quilts.

Hope that helps.
Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

R. E. Wicker October 20th 05 05:00 AM

Courthouse steps Block

Does Eleanor Burns have a book called The Courthouse Step? Seems to
me to be among my books some place. I can almost visualize the cover.
If my legs are strong enough tomorrow I will look before I go to my
exercise room.
Rhoda