CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   "Decent" Crewel Kits (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22970)

Jeanine3 March 27th 04 06:01 PM

"Decent" Crewel Kits

Hi everyone, I was surfing around for Zwicky thread and I came across
this site:
http://www.needleworkcorner.com/needle.htm
I remember reading in another thread that "decent" crewel kits were hard
to find. I haven't done crewel since I was a child but this site has
lots of kits - I wondered if they would help anyone looking for kits. It
looks like they have quite a variety. It was just a passing thought - I
have no affiliation.
Happy surfing,
Jeanine in Canada

Boohoo1971 March 27th 04 08:52 PM

I remember reading in another thread that "decent" crewel kits were hard
to find BRBR
They are hard to find, but I did find one designer whose kits are fantastic.
The fabric is beautiful, yarn is top grade and the directions so good that I
have kept them for future use. After I finished the 3 kits I have worked, they
washed beautifully and the of the lines that I did

Boohoo1971 March 27th 04 08:55 PM

Sorry, new computer, hit the "send" button....anyway, the kits I love are from
Tapis Tree. While they are made in the U.S. most sources seem to be G. B. As
I said earlier, I have used 3 of their kits and loved doing each one. If you
want to check them out, do a google on "tapis tree" and you will get not only
the sites for the needlework, but probably one that talks about the real tree.
Boo

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply March 27th 04 09:16 PM

From: Lucretia Borgia

...... a good selection of Elsa Williams - they are the
best, in my humble opinion. Wonderful linen, excellent wools and
generous quantities of wool.

I certainly agree with Sheena on this. I have done several of the Elsa
Williams kits and have the Oriental one of the Cloisonne' Vase hanging in my
foyer. There was loads of really good quality fibers (silks, cotton floss,
wool yarns, *real* gold metallic for couchig, etc.) in the kit and it was a
pleasure to stitch! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Julie T in VA March 28th 04 05:59 PM

I agree -- Elsa Williams and the TapisTree are my two favorite kit companies! I
have the TapisTree "Some Bunny Loves You" bunny pillow on my guest room bed,
one of my all time faves!
no afilliations, just my $.02

Dianne Lewandowski March 28th 04 10:36 PM

As anyone tried the crewel kits from Tanja's Berlin Embroidery?? They
look wonderful, and I have heard (not experienced first hand) that her
kits are gorgeous.
Dianne

Dr. Brat March 29th 04 12:29 AM

Her kits are gorgeous. I have one in my stash, so I can't comment on
her directions or on the outcome, but the materials are top quality.

Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Julie T in VA March 29th 04 03:19 AM

I've never heard of Tanja's Berlin Embroidery - How do I get 'em??

Thanks!

Dr. Brat March 29th 04 03:36 AM

Julie T in VA wrote:
I've never heard of Tanja's Berlin Embroidery - How do I get 'em??

Thanks!

http://www.berlinembroidery.com

Elizabeth