CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Gluing question (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16569)

Juanita Floyd November 4th 03 12:07 PM

Gluing question

Hi All,

I have a project I want to try and I am not sure what the best bonding agent
might be. I have just read all about glue on Glass Attic, but I'd like to get
it straight from the horse's mouth as it were.

I am going to make some snow globes for my nephews for Christmas. I want to
make a poly clay figure and then it needs to be attached to the lid of the jar
I am using for the globe. Keep in mind this will be under water. Is a 2 part
epoxy that is waterproof the best way to go?

Any input would be useful before I start this.

Thanks,
Juanita

HREF=http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=rvns
brk&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25BE Bay Items/B/A

May fate bless us all according to our deeds.

Sjpolyclay November 4th 03 02:00 PM

s a 2 part
epoxy that is waterproof the best way to go?

I'd go with the strongest possible two part epoxy--the nasty smelly extremely
bonding waterproof stuff.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Sjpolyclay November 5th 03 03:29 PM

Thanks Sarajane! I just bought your newest book (I think it is) today.
Can't
wait to sit down and really go through it.

do let me know what you think of it when you've waded through!!!