CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stitch-A-Long for Amid Amish Life (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22153)

Dorothy Harris January 11th 04 06:25 PM

Stitch-A-Long for Amid Amish Life

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that a Stitch-A-Long is starting on Feb.
1, 2004 for Amid Amish Life. We have 39 stitchers so far...come join us.
For more information, go to this link...

Regards,
Dorothy

Karen C - California January 11th 04 07:51 PM

Oh, heavens! I have that in stash from way back and still haven't started it.
A SAL might be what I need to get me in gear.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

Thistle 62 January 11th 04 08:05 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that a Stitch-A-Long is starting on Feb.
1, 2004 for Amid Amish Life. We have 39 stitchers so far...come join us.

What a beautiful chart!!! Is it available to anyone or only in the magazine
issues you mentioned? Would love to join though...

KJ

Penny Dorneman January 11th 04 08:14 PM

"Dorothy Harris" wrote in message
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know that a Stitch-A-Long is starting on Feb.
1, 2004 for Amid Amish Life. We have 39 stitchers so far...come join us.
For more information, go to this link...

Regards,
Dorothy

I love that series -- brings back some memories. It was the first project I
did with such dense stitching. I stitched the right and left parts in the
beginning of 1988, and was halfway through the larger middle piece when my
apartment building burned down. The finished pieces were deep in a pile of
stash fabric and WIPs (WsIP? what's the proper plural?) and thus were
salvageable after a few washes and trimming of damaged fabric. The
unfinished piece was in the living room, which was a total loss. It took me
a year to get back the nerve to start the middle piece over, but I did. If
you look carefully at the framed pieces now, the middle is a lighter
background color and brighter colors. Makes a great conversation piece!

Penny

Karen C - California January 11th 04 09:59 PM

In article ,
ojunk (Thistle 62) writes:

What a beautiful chart!!! Is it available to anyone or only in the magazine
issues you mentioned? Would love to join though...

I think BH&G put it out in either leaflet or book form. The magazine is
defunct, but was owned by Meredith Corporation, which is still in existence.

toni ferrick January 12th 04 12:00 AM

S (Karen C - California) wrote in message ...
Oh, heavens! I have that in stash from way back and still haven't started it.
A SAL might be what I need to get me in gear.

Oh Goodie I have that too! There is a secret to starting that one if
your stitching it all as one piece but I forgot what it was.

Karen C - California January 12th 04 01:05 AM

In article ,
(toni ferrick) writes:

Oh Goodie I have that too! There is a secret to starting that one if
your stitching it all as one piece but I forgot what it was.

The "secret" was in the magazine, as I recall. It better be, because I was
planning on stitching it as one piece!

Darla January 12th 04 02:57 PM

On 11 Jan 2004 20:05:19 GMT, ojunk (Thistle 62)
wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that a Stitch-A-Long is starting on Feb.
1, 2004 for Amid Amish Life. We have 39 stitchers so far...come join us.

What a beautiful chart!!! Is it available to anyone or only in the magazine
issues you mentioned? Would love to join though...

KJ

It's also available in the hardcover book "101 Best-Loved Designs from
Cross Stitch and Country Crafts," Meredith Publications, ISBN
0-696-20380-4.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.

Darla January 12th 04 03:00 PM

On 11 Jan 2004 16:00:18 -0800, (toni ferrick)
wrote:

(Karen C - California) wrote in message ...
Oh, heavens! I have that in stash from way back and still haven't started it.
A SAL might be what I need to get me in gear.

Oh Goodie I have that too! There is a secret to starting that one if
your stitching it all as one piece but I forgot what it was.

The only "secret" I know of is making sure you start the border
stitching in the center segment, if you choose to stitch the borders.
The all-one-piece stitch count is not evenly divisible by the repeat
count.

Mine is pictured in my PictureTrail album (
www.picturetrail.com); the
user name is "Condorita."

Note to Paula B: no, I still haven't put those long stitches in!

Karen C - California January 12th 04 06:38 PM

It's been determined that I have waaaaaaaaaaay too much stash: I had to check
the guest room, the living room, the basement, back to the guest room, trying
to find this one.

It turned out to be in the guest room (where I started), but I must've been
taking some really good pills the week I did the organizing, because I found it
filed in "Medium". If this ain't a "Large", I don't know what is!

It's 126x291 stitches if you're doing it all in one. See SAL e-list for
stitched sizes on various counts.