CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   wire links (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=94462)

Avril April 21st 08 03:16 AM

wire links

I am using pure silver wire to make braclet lnks. Does it matter what
order I do the soldering in. should I solder the rings first, or pound
them first?
Thanks
Avril

Abrasha April 21st 08 08:00 AM

wire links

Avril wrote:
I am using pure silver wire to make braclet lnks. Does it matter what
order I do the soldering in. should I solder the rings first, or pound
them first?
Thanks
Avril

Why don't you try both methods, and see which one gives you the result
that you like best.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Andrew April 22nd 08 09:42 AM

wire links

If you pound them, I take it you mean forge them? It is better to solder
them first as they will open up and you will have to reshape the links
again.

Andrew

http://www.AtTheBench.net

The World Wide Jewelers Forum
Join up today and contribute to your community