CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   16th Wedding Anniversary gift? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38202)

Allaya Diep July 2nd 03 04:12 AM

16th Wedding Anniversary gift?

LOL - That's pretty funny. I guess Adam and I are getting fruit this year!
Yeppie!!!

Allaya

When we'd been married nineteen years, one of my sisters sent us an
anniversary card by the great Sandra Boynton, with a list of those
in-between ones. I still have it, it's such a stitch. Here's the list:

Traditional Anniversary Gifts
-----------------------------

1st Paper
2nd Cotton
3rd Leather
4th Fruit
5th Wood
6th Confections
7th copper
8th Pottery
9th Bronze
10th Jewelry
11th Synthetic Fibers
12th Sheetrock
13th Beef By-products
14th Jell-O
15th Crystal
16th Plumbing Fixtures
17th Desk Sets
18th Audio Components
19th Petroleum Derivatives
20th China
21st Camping Gear
22nd Computer Software
23rd Aquatic Pets
24th Chintz
25th Silver
26th Silicone
27th Homeopathic Ointments
28th Exotic Plant Life
29th Vinyl Slipcovers
30th Pearls
31st Representational Art
32nd Organic Vegetables
33rd Asbestos
34th Flash-frozen Fish
35th Coral
36th Large Appliances
37th Rubber
38th Automotive Accessories
39th Haberdashery
40th Ruby
41st Musical Instruments
42nd Craft Supplies
43rd Cosmetic Surgery
44th Room Dividers
45th Sapphire
46th Insulation
47th Foreign Language Aids
48th Winsome Figurines
49th Cement
50th Gold
--
75th Diamond

Noreen's Knit*che July 2nd 03 04:32 AM

In article , says...
Snipped:

20th China

EWWWW and yuck, I can expect CHINA this year?
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447

Noreen's Knit*che July 2nd 03 04:34 AM

In article d1sMa.131964$Dr3.6801@fed1read02, says...
LOL - That's pretty funny. I guess Adam and I are getting fruit this year!
Yeppie!!!

Allaya, that is MUCH better than what Don and I can expect. Grossssssss.
Noreen

20th China

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447

Cheryl Isaak July 2nd 03 11:37 AM

On 7/1/03 3:46 PM, in article , "Jenn Vanderslice"
wrote:

Can someone please explain to me why all the lists of traditional and
modern anniversary gifts go up to 15 years and then in increments of 5
years?
I found one list that actually had the in between years...apparently,
16th anniversary is "Silver holloware"? What's holloware?

Wish me luck shopping tonight! July 4th is our anniversary..

:-D
Just a little note: My spell checker doesn't recognize "holloware"
either! LOL

/J

Jenn - what a great day to pick! my DS birthday!
Cheryl
Can't help with the traditional gift, but hollow ware is light weight flat
wear, maybe silver plated. It is called hollow ware because the knife
(usually the heaviest piece) has no material in the handle - sometimes all
pieces are hollow. Light and fragile!
Cheryl

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer July 2nd 03 02:20 PM

| On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:34:53 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Allaya, that is MUCH better than what Don and I can expect. Grossssssss.
Noreen

20th China

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't necessarily mind a trip to China. ;)
That's what's coming up for us, too, the 20th.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

NoraBalcer July 2nd 03 03:47 PM

Mine is going to be flash-frozen fish, I hate fish. LOL

Hugs,

Nora

Noreen's Knit*che July 2nd 03 03:51 PM

In article , "Helen \"Halla\"
Fleischer" says...
| On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:34:53 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Allaya, that is MUCH better than what Don and I can expect. Grossssssss.
Noreen

20th China

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't necessarily mind a trip to China. ;)
That's what's coming up for us, too, the 20th.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Ahah, Helen, I never thought of it that way! A trip to China! (although
in my case a trip to Japan would be just a tad more welcome, grin)
Hugs,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447

Ranee Mueller July 2nd 03 06:04 PM

In article ,
wrote:

Allaya, that is MUCH better than what Don and I can expect. Grossssssss.
Noreen

20th China

What's gross about china?

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

Please Visit Arabian Knits at
http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/arabianknits.html

Saudi Chef at http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/saudichef.html

Ranee Mueller July 2nd 03 06:05 PM

In article d1sMa.131964$Dr3.6801@fed1read02, "Allaya Diep"
wrote:

LOL - That's pretty funny. I guess Adam and I are getting fruit this
year!
Yeppie!!!

Allaya

Our list said fruit and/or flowers, so Rich got me a vintage coral
dress with a black lace over dress in a floral pattern for our fourth
anniversary. Seventh is wool. :)

Regards,
Ranee

Helen \Halla\ Fleischer July 2nd 03 07:46 PM

| On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:51:54 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

20th China

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't necessarily mind a trip to China. ;)
That's what's coming up for us, too, the 20th.

Ahah, Helen, I never thought of it that way! A trip to China! (although
in my case a trip to Japan would be just a tad more welcome, grin)
Hugs,
Noreen

Oh well. I guess you're stuck, then. ;) Of course there's always hope that
there will be a new China Bayles mystery to buy. ;)