CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   WYSIWYG web software info (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16661)

eliquint January 8th 04 12:58 AM

WYSIWYG web software info

I wrote:
"As for the WYSIWYG web software, I will ask my brother the computer guru,
if he knows
of any, and will post the info I find out for the group."
Hope this answer helps yall out!

Q?: I do wish they would invent a wysiwyg type web page
builder that would work with all the currently popular browsers.????

And the Answer is (per my little brother the computer guru):
"Microsoft Front Page is my suggestion. That is what I have had the best
results from anyway."

Sjpolyclay January 8th 04 06:59 PM

"Microsoft Front Page is my suggestion. That is what I have had the best
results from anyway."

Front Page is great, but has proprietarty code that is not read by all
browsers. For instance the code for BOLD is different, and will not come up
bold in Netscape Nav. but does in IE....or the other way 'round, I forget which
.. You can get around this by opening the html and putting in the other version
of the tag as well.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Kim Chee January 9th 04 02:45 AM

"eliquint" wrote in message .. .
[...]

Here's a free one:

http://wojanware.com/

Paul

Peggy M January 9th 04 04:00 AM

Front Page has an option which may be set to generate cross-browser
compatible code. It's under Tools/Page Options/Browsers. It still
generates pretty poor HTML code from a technical standpoint, but then, most
of the WYSIWYG editors do!

Alicia January 9th 04 05:18 AM

I use "Netobjects Fusion"(personal edition.) I find it very user friendly.

Alicia
http://swee****eribizans.com/html/pc_1.html