CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   chain maille (inspired by Jerri) (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=71514)

cas June 13th 06 05:17 PM

chain maille (inspired by Jerri)

haven't posted here for ages and lurk occasionally - but I figured I'd
show off the damage that Jerri caused by posting pics of chain maille
and romanov chain in particular -
http://users.tpg.com.au/cas68/images...&bracelets.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/cas68/images/watch&bracelets.jpg
the watch was my version of romanov inspired by Jerri's pics (so it's
all her fault!) and the bracelets are a couple of viking knits I made a
while ago, but antiqued one the same time as I did the watch band and
the other is the original colour for comparison.
the romanov has morion and clear 4mm swarovskis in each segment.

cas
http://www.southall.id.au/

[email protected] June 13th 06 05:21 PM

chain maille (inspired by Jerri)

Cas -- no idea who you are, my dear, but the pics are nice. Does it
take For-ev-er to do that? Sure looks like it.

Becki

cas June 13th 06 05:41 PM

wrote:

Cas -- no idea who you are, my dear, but the pics are nice. Does it
take For-ev-er to do that? Sure looks like it.

Becki

thanks - it's probably been around 2 years since I last posted - wire
gets in the way of reading and posting to ngs!

it might take a while - but i don't notice it much cos it's usually my
insomnia work or doctors waiting room distraction - i think the watch
took about 20 hours total from winding the rings, cutting through to
antiquing after the band was made.

cas
http://www.southall.id.au/

[email protected] June 13th 06 10:29 PM

chain maille (inspired by Jerri)

Holy crap.

Becki

Sarajane Helm June 13th 06 11:12 PM

chain maille (inspired by Jerri)

Thats really lovely, Cas! (some good inspiring ya did there, Jerri!)
SJ
--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

Beadbimbo June 14th 06 10:07 PM

chain maille (inspired by Jerri)

Lol. I think we're cohorts in crime!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

. ..

Kalera June 17th 06 06:02 AM

chain maille (inspired by Jerri)

Holy crap. I am *impressed*!

Hi Cas! I hope you post more often, that was NICE to look at!

cas wrote:
haven't posted here for ages and lurk occasionally - but I figured I'd
show off the damage that Jerri caused by posting pics of chain maille
and romanov chain in particular -
http://users.tpg.com.au/cas68/images...&bracelets.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/cas68/images/watch&bracelets.jpg
the watch was my version of romanov inspired by Jerri's pics (so it's
all her fault!) and the bracelets are a couple of viking knits I made a
while ago, but antiqued one the same time as I did the watch band and
the other is the original colour for comparison.
the romanov has morion and clear 4mm swarovskis in each segment.

cas
http://www.southall.id.au/

--
-Kalera