CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Faulty SC-3 knitmaster linker? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18994)

Huw November 10th 04 10:43 PM

Faulty SC-3 knitmaster linker?

Hi,

I bought a second-hand SC-3 linker for use on my Knitmaster 700. The
problem is it isn't casting off properly.

I first tried wool and then for my second attempt acrylic, which sort
of worked better, however the links aren't forming properly and I
think I've worked out why.

According to the manual the guide pin should move to help form the
stitches, but presumably through age, the little wire spring appears
to have lost it's force to advance the gear to move the guide pin.
What I'm trying to say is the guide pin on the carriage I
purchased
does not move at all, when in order to work it should.

Does anyone know if this is repairable? And if so would a repair be
expensive?

Thanks

Huw