CraftBanter

-   -   back from retreat (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139703)

Julia in MN[_5_] September 21st 15 04:12 PM

back from retreat

I just spent about 4 days at a quilting retreat at a lovely camp in
northern Wisconsin. I had a great time and got quite a bit accomplished.
About 7 years ago, I took a "design a mariner's compass" workshop with
Gail Garber at the Minnesota Quilt Show. I completed the center and
added one circular border, but it needed another. I couldn't decide
what I wanted to do with it. Before the retreat I got it out again,
designed the outer border, and made the paper foundations for piecing
it. At the retreat, I spent most of the first day piecing it. I'm happy
with the result; now I will quilt it, bind it, and probably use it for a
table topper.

About a year ago I bought fabric for a one-block wonder. Before the
retreat, I cut the triangles for that. I got all the half- hexagons
sewn; now I have to arrange and assemble them into a quilt top. I think
I have about 60 or 70 blocks.

About 5 years ago, I found a panel printed with hunting dogs and game
birds and a pattern for a table runner using the cut-up panel. I also
finally got that top sewn at the retreat.

These 3 projects were what I had hoped to get accomplished at the
retreat and I'm glad I was able to get it done.

Julia in MN

Bobbie Sews More September 21st 15 06:32 PM

back from retreat

I'm happy you got so much accomplished! Humm, I wonder if you might care to
finish some things I have started! Ha Ha!
Barbara in FL, was in SC

Julia in MN[_5_] September 21st 15 07:34 PM

back from retreat

None of these are really finished but I'm happy with the progress. Plus
I have plenty of other stuff to finish and I really need to junk out my
sewing room. :-)

Julia in MN

Nann[_2_] September 22nd 15 02:20 PM

back from retreat

Did you go to Madeline Island http://www.madelineartschool.com/
or to Sievers? http://www.sieversschool.com/
or elsewhere?

Nann

[email protected] October 2nd 15 04:33 PM

back from retreat

Hello Julia,
I am glad you like a challenge too and accomplished your three projects. I am not sure I would have the patience to do paper piecing yet they are so beautiful when finished. Thanks for sharing with us.
Sandy$