CraftBanter

-   Carving (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Honest appraisal (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10690)

Jim McLaughlin August 28th 03 03:07 AM

Honest appraisal

My father in law is in his last days of his life. He has been a carver for
years and years, until he could no longer make it up and down the stairs to
his basement. He has carved about 50 to 75 carvings over the years. The
majority being birds and small animals. The majority stand about 5 " high.
Some of course larger and some smaller. I know nothing about carving but I
can say the detail is amazing.

What the family would like is somebody that can and will do an honest
appraisal when the time comes. This appraiser would of course have the first
choice of the items available.

The problem is I and the family do not have the knowledge to do an
appraisal. We require the services of an honest appraiser. I'm sure there
are such people out that, just have no idea how to contact them. We're not
looking to make a killing, we simply would like to know the value with a
sale in mind. We're located in Cary, Illinois about 45 miles Northwest of
Chicago. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim McLaughlin
(847)639-4489