CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CD Drop Spindle (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=40054)

Randee November 17th 03 02:03 PM

CD Drop Spindle

A while ago, I saw directions somewhere on the net for making a drop
spindle using a CD. Does anyone know the URL for it? Or directions
for making one from other items? TIA for any help.

Randee

SlinkyToy November 17th 03 03:47 PM

Try www.interweave.com and find the link for SpinOff magazine. They
publish a couple of pamphlets in pdf format, IIRC including
instructions for making spindles.

Els van Dam November 17th 03 05:50 PM

In article , SlinkyToy
wrote:

Try www.interweave.com and find the link for SpinOff magazine. They
publish a couple of pamphlets in pdf format, IIRC including
instructions for making spindles.

On 17 Nov 2003 05:03:09 -0800, (Randee) wrote:

A while ago, I saw directions somewhere on the net for making a drop
spindle using a CD. Does anyone know the URL for it? Or directions
for making one from other items? TIA for any help.

Randee

Ranee if you can't find it let me know, E-mail me, I have printout of it
we used for a workshop with our Guild some years ago.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Ria Van de Velde November 17th 03 08:17 PM

Or take a look here. http://www.spindling.com/cd.htm

All you need is a dowel, a CD and a couple of rubber bands. If you
look at the picture you should be able able to figure it out.

Ria

On 17 Nov 2003 05:03:09 -0800, (Randee) wrote:

A while ago, I saw directions somewhere on the net for making a drop
spindle using a CD. Does anyone know the URL for it? Or directions
for making one from other items? TIA for any help.

Randee

riavdv at pandora dot be

Randee November 18th 03 03:29 PM

Thanks to all for the info. I had better luck making one from a wood
wheel and am proud to say I have spun. However, I can see I need
-lots- of practice. Again, thanks to all for the info!

Randee