CraftBanter

-   -   Hot Pads (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140087)

[email protected] June 27th 17 03:59 PM

Hot Pads

Hello All,
Well after making 2 more butterfly quilt tops, each being smaller than the previous one because I made a mistake while cutting them out. Instead of cutting out 5 1/2 inch squares, I instead cut some 5 inch squares and it was only after I had cut 15 sets of these discovered my error. So just kept makes more sets of these and this is how I ended up making two extra butterfly quilt tops. I am getting tired of butterfly quilts after doing 3 in a row(one was using batiks}. Decided to do some Hot pads for seniors living in senior housing for their Christmas this year. Yes, I am making 4 butterfly hot pads and a lot of hots pads using left over small quilt blocks of quilts I have done in the past. I have just finished squaring up 4 string quilt blocks that had to be made smaller than they were originally. I like to machine sew 1 1/2 inch bindings on front, then turning to the back and hand sewing them as this relaxes me. Been using Insulbrite for the centers. Who knows what I will be doing next week??
Sandy$