CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Knife Handles (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109431)

Belinda Alene July 7th 10 04:44 PM

Knife Handles

I have a number knife blanks that I would like to use poly-clay to make handles
and bases to hold them in a kind of statue.

Any suggestions of how to do this? Or do I just experiment until I find a
workable method?

I plan to use wire inside the hilt and base to give the clay more support during
the firing. Does it matter what kind of wire used? I was planning to use steel
but could use brass or aluminum.

Joesf.Gil February 2nd 11 11:21 AM

Has anyone ever made covers for like Bic- type lighters? Naturally, I'm hinky about putting a lighter in the oven. I was curious if anyone knew of a commercially made (cheap) sleeve that I could wrap the clay around, bake, then slide over the lighter.