CraftBanter

-   Doll Houses (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Folded turns with tapewire vs. brads/eyelets (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=11119)

Cathy Weeks March 10th 04 03:27 AM

Folded turns with tapewire vs. brads/eyelets

Has anyone had luck doing folded turns with the tapewire? How badly
does it show through wallpaper?

Cathy Weeks

Gerald Miller March 10th 04 06:15 AM

On 9 Mar 2004 19:27:56 -0800, (Cathy Weeks)
wrote:

Has anyone had luck doing folded turns with the tapewire? How badly
does it show through wallpaper?

Cathy Weeks

I used to blend them in a bit by putting a piece of transparent tape
over them to somewhat hide the edges.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Carol March 10th 04 09:20 AM

"Cathy Weeks" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone had luck doing folded turns with the tapewire? How badly
does it show through wallpaper?

Cathy Weeks

I didn't like the folds from the beginning. It left a lump so I sliced and
bradded pieces.

There are the anti slice and brad people and the pro slice and brad people.

The anti people feel that the brads will loosen with time and the connection
will be lost. The pro slice and brad people (myself) feel that if you put
in 4 brads, 2 on each side of the tape in a diagonal, the connection will
hold. So far (10 years) I haven't had a connection loosen up.

There will be other opinions and experiences.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Cathy Weeks March 10th 04 01:39 PM

wrote:

Has anyone had luck doing folded turns with the tapewire? How badly
does it show through wallpaper?

Cathy Weeks

I used to blend them in a bit by putting a piece of transparent tape
over them to somewhat hide the edges.

So they show a lot? Barbara Warner recommends doing them whenever
possible, because an unbroken run is more durable. But I'm trying to
decide if the tradeoff (less attractive) is worth it.

Cathy Weeks