CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Iridescent Fairy Wings (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=54928)

Airdiana August 11th 05 05:24 AM

Iridescent Fairy Wings

Hello,

I am new to this site, so I apologize ahead of tiem if this question
has been asked.

Does anyone know how to make Iridescent Fairy Wings?

Thanks

Barbara Forbes-Lyons August 11th 05 01:25 PM

You can add mica powders or glitter to liquid polymer clay and either
spread out the clay, bake it and cut it, or bake it within a wire
framework for the shape.

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeads:penguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Sarajane Helm August 11th 05 02:41 PM

you may be refering to Jones Tones Foils---they have a hologram sheet, and
an oilslick as well as metallic colors and a rainbow sheet too.. The holo is
nototiously hard to transfer....JT foils are found in craftstores in the
fabric painting section quite often. You can transfer to clay tho---they are
plastic sheets, place with the colors or pretty side UP and the back of
that on your clay, burnish down well, then RIIIIP away like a bandaid---pull
fast.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
"Airdiana" wrote in message
news:1123765949.1b94cb4e17199ae71cbd6e9753113c80@u ltrafeed...
Thanks

I also heard of hologram foil, would you know anything about that?

Sarajane Helm August 11th 05 08:28 PM

once its applied to the raw clay, cut shape and bake the clay as desired.

Jones Tones also makes fabric paints as well as these filmsheets---you can
paint sheer fabric and use that for wings too. Also, liquid clays or
varathane can be applied to fabric as a stiffener.

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
www.polyclay.com
see the current auctions at:
http://snipurl.com/aiid
"Airdiana" wrote in message
news:1123784557.59e7074ef7275781c67662ba33eeeca7@u ltrafeed...
That is what I was looking for, thank you so much!!!

How do you use it?
I understand the ripping part

Thanks again

Airdiana August 12th 05 01:35 AM

I haven't heard of varathane, so thanks for the info.

Bascially what I am trying to achieve is the attachment file
example.jpg

I believe that is the JT and is done the way you explained, correct?

Thanks for your help,

Sarajane Helm August 12th 05 03:25 PM

Airdiana, the attachments dont go through--this isnt a newsgroup for
binaries. Can you put it someplace of your own and then post a link?

--
news:1123796133.2e39f458056fd8bc58c54a37cfe63de3@u ltrafeed...