CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Help locating a thread? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5629)

Kandice Seeber April 17th 04 12:06 AM

Help locating a thread?

LOL - I remember that! I must have been completely high if I was thinking
about honestly doing wholesale. Hmmmm - I totally don't remember what the
name of that thread was though. Perhaps you can just search for threads
started by me? I don't know.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Hiyas,
There was a recent thread on the issue of wholesaling...
"recent" as in the past month-couple of months. I believe
Kandice started that thread, and I remember it was jam
packed with all kinds of good info! Does anyone remember
the title, and could you pass it along so I can Google it?

Thank you *very* much!!

--
Fran
~My eBay, if you'd like to visit: http://snipurl.com/56qt

Kandice Seeber April 17th 04 01:07 AM

LOL - I think it is "wholesaling". It's a weird word. :)
Yes, I decided after that thread that wholesaling just wasn't a
possibility - especially lately. If I was backed up for a month on retail
orders, I can't imagine how many orders I would get if I did wholesale
prices. I already had a discount up for orders of $300 or more. People
have used that a lot.
I totally understand that for some artists wholesaling works, but not for
me. :)

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

LOL - I remember that! I must have been completely high if I was

thinking
about honestly doing wholesale.

Oh, good grief... did I type "wholesaling" in my previous
post?? That doesn't look right! What is it,
"wholesaleing?" Phhh, that doesn't look right, either!
Wholesale-ing? I give up!

Anyway, I know what you mean, Kandice! It just seems like
a losing proposition in my case... and I gather in yours,
too, huh? :)

Kalera Stratton April 18th 04 06:50 AM

I recently had a hard look at my prices and decided that they are
wholesale prices by nature. I make beads for designers, I sell to
designers, I really don't expect anyone but designers to buy my work,
and my beads are priced so that designers can make a profit, therefore I
am essentially a wholesaler. Also, I couldn't drop my prices and live. :)

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Cheryl April 18th 04 09:46 PM

I recently had a hard look at my prices and decided that they are
wholesale prices by nature. I make beads for designers, I sell to
designers, I really don't expect anyone but designers to buy my work,
and my beads are priced so that designers can make a profit, therefore I
am essentially a wholesaler. Also, I couldn't drop my prices and live. :)

ditto - which is why when people ask me to "discount" - I just explain that my
profit margin is very small....
if I were making a whopper profit - that would be retail pricing - but I am
selling at a VERY LOW margin (less than 20% when I finish at the end of the
year, after expenses, etc)

yes - that's right LESS Than 20% - so those of you who buy beads should keep
that in mind - people on ebay who are selling lampwork (and I don't mean .99
starting sale prices - for promotional purposes AT ALL - I mean ending prices
of $1 and $2 for what should be $5 to $10 beads) are not making a profit -
period... they are doing it for the fun of it...

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass