CraftBanter

CraftBanter (http://www.craftbanter.com/index.php)
-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   2017, should we try to revive the group? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=139988)

[email protected] January 3rd 17 10:00 PM

2017, should we try to revive the group?

I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess a lot of us are in the same boat.

So, what are we all up to with our stitching?

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so WIPs and WISPs as I can in 2017. I am going to get them out, pat them gently and then put them in a rotation where each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that is a RR project with a friend; just 3 of us, and taking our time. I am half finished my share of this project. Then I am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting my attention - this one the owner doesn't need back until after she moves, sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get to feeling hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc. One new start is Liz Almond's Sublime Stitches. Her Save the Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to start on Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary

[email protected] January 3rd 17 10:30 PM

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 13:00:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess a lot of us are in the same boat.

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so WIPs and WISPs as I can in 2017. I am going to get them out, pat them gently and then put them in a rotation where each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that is a RR project with a friend; just 3 of us, and taking our time. I am half finished my share of this project. Then I am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting my attention - this one the owner doesn't need back until after she moves, sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get to feeling hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc. One new start is Liz Almond's Sublime Stitches. Her Save the Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to start on Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary

I would love to see the group revive, some usenet groups are having a
revival! I can't say I stitch that much anymore but I still knit a
lot and that is stitching too :) Quite apart from that I love
hearing what everyone is doing and seeing it too.

sharoncapps January 4th 17 01:31 PM

I haven't been stitching too much in the last month or so. I am almost done
with a cute design with a Snowman and children that are building them and it
is a fast stitch. I love it but just haven't felt like I want it to get
done. I need to find a new project that I will start when I finish this one
and then I will get back to it. I would love to see things get active
again. Just never seems to happen.
Sharon in MN

wrote in message
I forget to come and see what is happening, and I guess a lot of us are in
the same boat.

My stitching goal is to finish as many of my dozen or so WIPs and WISPs as I
can in 2017. I am going to get them out, pat them gently and then put them
in a rotation where each one gets a week of attention in turn.

I am also going to finish a sunflower tablerunner that is a RR project with
a friend; just 3 of us, and taking our time. I am half finished my share of
this project. Then I am going to stitch on another RR that is awaiting my
attention - this one the owner doesn't need back until after she moves,
sometime this coming summer.

There will also be too new starts, just so I don't get to feeling
hard-done-by for having to work on WIPs, etc. One new start is Liz Almond's
Sublime Stitches. Her Save the Stitches is one of the WIPs! I also intend to
start on Cherry Parker's Christmas Ball.

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary

Nancy Spera January 4th 17 02:26 PM

On 1/3/2017 4:00 PM, wrote:

Keep on stitchin'

RoseMary

I haven't done much stitching in the last couple of years but I
do regularly check in. Every time I get out the tote bag with
WIPs it just sits by the chair while I read, work jigsaw puzzles,
or my latest play the piano. I've got enough potential projects
to last me till I'm 100 if I would live that long.

Nancy

Tess January 4th 17 08:02 PM

I'm in the same boat.

I'm about to pick up my stitching after about 10 years of laxity. I had eye surgery, then other medical issues, and stuff gradually rolled by. I have two new pieces on order; kits are easier than sorting through stash and making decisions.

I wish I had known before I pulled the trigger on my order from The Stitchery that they are moving warehouses and stuff might take longer. After a week, it still shows as "being processed".

Liz from Humbug[_3_] January 4th 17 10:03 PM

Not much stitching for me since late October, when my data entry job speeds up for the holiday season but I have the second snow day of my life today so I'm hoping to spend the rest of it working on my Hawaiian Baby Sampler project (baby will be three in May) and watching the snow blobs fall off of the 60' fir trees! :-)

We've gotten more snow here in southern Oregon than we've had in decades. I parked my Volvo at the bottom of the driveway last night (½ mile away) and hiked home through the snow. :-) It was beautiful but not something I'd want to do all the time. Even though the main state highway through our area is plowed and open, the roads getting to and from that road are still in sad shape and, because of last night's snow on top of old snow, there are apparently branches down and power out throughout the area. Definitely not worth digging the car out of the snow to get onto a snowy, icy country road. And, if it gets as cold tonight as expected, the ride home would be icy. Sooooo, it's stitching for me today, once I balance the checkbook.

Happy Stitching! :-D

Liz from Humbug

[email protected] January 4th 17 11:49 PM

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 13:03:23 -0800 (PST), Liz from Humbug
wrote:

Not much stitching for me since late October, when my data entry job speeds up for the holiday season but I have the second snow day of my life today so I'm hoping to spend the rest of it working on my Hawaiian Baby Sampler project (baby will be three in May) and watching the snow blobs fall off of the 60' fir trees! :-)

Maybe you need to hurry a bit in case the baby learns to eat with no
bib :)

We've gotten more snow here in southern Oregon than we've had in decades. I parked my Volvo at the bottom of the driveway last night (½ mile away) and hiked home through the snow. :-) It was beautiful but not something I'd want to do all the time. Even though the main state highway through our area is plowed and open, the roads getting to and from that road are still in sad shape and, because of last night's snow on top of old snow, there are apparently branches down and power out throughout the area. Definitely not worth digging the car out of the snow to get onto a snowy, icy country road. And, if it gets as cold tonight as expected, the ride home would be icy. Sooooo, it's stitching for me today, once I balance the checkbook.

Happy Stitching! :-D

Liz from Humbug

Enjoy it while it lasts!

D J January 5th 17 05:56 AM

Hi everyone,

I would love to help revive the group.
I've been reading (and lurking) but not commenting, for more than a decade!!!

So I will just introduce myself:
My name is Dawn, I live in Indiana, and I love to get snowed in!
I started "The Castle" by TW on January 1st, 2001 and would love to finish it this year.
My 2nd WIP is "Feathered Stars". It is a kit and I've been working on it over a year.
I have several small cross stitch projects, a crocheted blanket for one of my sons, plus other crochet projects.
January starts my busy season but it only lasts until April 15th!!!

This group has been such an inspiration, especially in the beginning. You have taught me what a RR=Round Robin is, railroading, and the courage to start a TW pattern!
I thank you all for sharing yourselves in the past years and I encourage all of you to continue to inspire new people that are just reading this group.

I vow to participate more and lurk around less.
Happy 2017!!!

Dawn

[email protected] January 5th 17 12:09 PM

On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 20:56:58 -0800 (PST), D J
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I would love to help revive the group.
I've been reading (and lurking) but not commenting, for more than a decade!!!

So I will just introduce myself:
My name is Dawn, I live in Indiana, and I love to get snowed in!
I started "The Castle" by TW on January 1st, 2001 and would love to finish it this year.
My 2nd WIP is "Feathered Stars". It is a kit and I've been working on it over a year.
I have several small cross stitch projects, a crocheted blanket for one of my sons, plus other crochet projects.
January starts my busy season but it only lasts until April 15th!!!

This group has been such an inspiration, especially in the beginning. You have taught me what a RR=Round Robin is, railroading, and the courage to start a TW pattern!
I thank you all for sharing yourselves in the past years and I encourage all of you to continue to inspire new people that are just reading this group.

I vow to participate more and lurk around less.
Happy 2017!!!

Dawn

Yes, this is a good time to emerge from the shadows, welcome.

Liz from Humbug[_3_] January 5th 17 04:54 PM

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 2:49:35 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 13:03:23 -0800 (PST), Liz from Humbug wrote:

Maybe you need to hurry a bit in case the baby learns to eat with no
bib :)

Fortunately, it's a sampler, so mom can hang it in her own bedroom if she wants. I was working on a bib for the oldest brother a few years ago, who has the same name as DH. We were at the Dr's office & when the doctor came to let us know the power/computers were out, he looked at the bib, looked at John, looked at me and said: " That's not big enough!" :-)
Liz H.