CraftBanter

-   Machine Knit (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   State Fairs (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18937)

Joy Hardie May 26th 04 12:57 PM

State Fairs

Hello to my beloved Machine Knitting Group...
I have a list of ALL State Fairs websites and most of them have their
Premium Books available now online or in hardcopy for those of you
interested in entering Community Arts exhibits. I know that our
Michigan State Fair does NOT have a MK division, but I have been told
that other state fairs may, so you might want to check yours.
Last year I wanted to enter a beautiful MK fabric I had made ....a
Fairisle design with several colors of mohair on a cream colored
lambswool ...that I decided to assemble the garment (a baby bunting)
using a serger and lined it with a soft cotton knit.....just so it
would be eligible for a sewing category. It won a Blue Ribbon....but
I doubt it would have if anybody had entered any of those frilly
French handsewn numbers with all the pintucks and lace! In any case,
I didn't know if anyone was interested in the listing and I don't want
to get reported for spamming, but if you want I can post the list.
Joy Hardie

2003 Exhibitor of the Year
Michigan State Fair