CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Write names on glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=87323)

murano September 18th 07 06:40 PM

Write names on glass

Hi Friends, I would like to know how to writr names on glass, as to do
a souvenior, lets say 8 inches x 10 inches, with lets say 40 names.
and draw a symbol of a business or school. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Moonraker[_2_] September 18th 07 06:44 PM

Write names on glass

ups.com...

http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Product/...nt_Marker.html

murano September 20th 07 03:15 AM

Write names on glass

On 18 sep, 18:24, Steve Ackman
wrote:
In , on Tue, 18 Sep 2007
13:44:37 -0400, Moonraker, wrote:

http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Product/...Permanent_Mark...

Heh. That was exactly the thought that popped into
my head when I read that.

Thanks, it is a marker with ink thast could remain fon years so that
the classmates names could be remembered many years later???. ....

Joe September 20th 07 02:01 PM

Write names on glass

murano wrote:
Hi Friends, I would like to know how to writr names on glass, as to do
a souvenior, lets say 8 inches x 10 inches, with lets say 40 names.
and draw a symbol of a business or school. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Well, in addition to the somewhat snarky answers, I seem to recall a
metal tipped pen that left a nice deposit on the glass. Was the tip
titanium? It's been 19 years since I saw one (at Penland - no pun
intended!). Glassblowers used it to sign their work. So, what is it
called, and where can I - & the OP - get one?

Thanks,
Joe

Matthew Lybanon September 20th 07 03:41 PM

Write names on glass

in article , Joe at wrote on
9/20/07 8:01 AM:

murano wrote:
Hi Friends, I would like to know how to writr names on glass, as to do
a souvenior, lets say 8 inches x 10 inches, with lets say 40 names.
and draw a symbol of a business or school. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Well, in addition to the somewhat snarky answers, I seem to recall a
metal tipped pen that left a nice deposit on the glass. Was the tip
titanium? It's been 19 years since I saw one (at Penland - no pun
intended!). Glassblowers used it to sign their work. So, what is it
called, and where can I - & the OP - get one?

Thanks,
Joe

Back in the good old days (we're talking ancient history here) when I took
mechanical drawing in college, a pen called Rapidograph was popular. It had
a stainless steel nib, and was something like the pen you describe.

charlie September 20th 07 06:02 PM

Write names on glass

"Joe" wrote in message ...
murano wrote:
Hi Friends, I would like to know how to writr names on glass, as to do
a souvenior, lets say 8 inches x 10 inches, with lets say 40 names.
and draw a symbol of a business or school. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Well, in addition to the somewhat snarky answers, I seem to recall a metal
tipped pen that left a nice deposit on the glass. Was the tip titanium?
It's been 19 years since I saw one (at Penland - no pun intended!).
Glassblowers used it to sign their work. So, what is it called, and where
can I - & the OP - get one?

Thanks,
Joe

http://www.aspenglass.com/ is the source

you can get one at
http://www.lampworkingsupplies.com/p...hp?prod=tipen1

regards,
charlie
http://chaniarts.com

[email protected] September 20th 07 09:03 PM

Write names on glass

On Sep 19, 7:15 pm, murano wrote:
On 18 sep, 18:24, Steve Ackman
wrote:

In , on Tue, 18 Sep 2007
13:44:37 -0400, Moonraker, wrote:

http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Product/...Permanent_Mark...

Heh. That was exactly the thought that popped into
my head when I read that.

Thanks, it is a marker with ink thast could remain fon years so that
the classmates names could be remembered many years later???. ....

It is NOT permanent on glass. It can easily be rubbed off...with steel
wool or even a finger nail or a wet cloth. I think I'd go for
sanblasting the names and the logo.

Andy

[email protected] September 21st 07 05:18 AM

Write names on glass

On 18 Sep, 13:40, murano wrote:
Hi Friends, I would like to know how to writr names on glass, as to do
a souvenior, lets say 8 inches x 10 inches, with lets say 40 names.
and draw a symbol of a business or school. Thanks for your help!!!!!

They also make a electic engraver by inland...

http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...emsysid=126026

but you can find the same thing at A.C.Moore or Michaels (or any of
the

larger craft type chainstores)....I use one all the time to sign my
work...

It is worth the investment...

BTW, it would be kind of neat to have each one sign and with this it
would

be very permanent

Joe September 21st 07 11:49 AM

Write names on glass