CraftBanter

-   -   pencil marks on quilt tops (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=140156)

[email protected] October 13th 17 11:47 PM

pencil marks on quilt tops

On Thursday, November 13, 1997 at 11:00:00 PM UTC-9, Carole Prevost wrote:
How do you remove pencil lines on a quilt top (fabric white on white). I
tried Harriet Hargraves recipe, 1 part rubbing alcohol to 3 parts water
with a couple drops of palmolive, and it's not working. Is this a common
problem? Thanks Carole

I tried everything I could find on the internet and even sent off for some Marking Pencil Remover (Quilter's Rule Int'l). Nothing worked. Then I tried using Fels Naphtha that I got at the grocery store in the laundry aisle. I wetted the quilt and rubbed the bar of Fels Naphtha over the marks. Then I washed the quilt in my washing machine. The marks were totally gone. I was happily amazed.