CraftBanter

-   -   Greetings and Dresser Scarf Query (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=109090)

-dlm. in Central MA June 11th 10 01:22 PM

Greetings and Dresser Scarf Query

Hello from an "oldie" returning once again to the fold! DD#1 needs a
dresser scarf and end table scarf to protect her new bedroom furniture
from scrapes and scratches. I found the perfect tone-on-tone floral
fabric for the top, a matching solid for the bottom, and a stunning
green for the binding that ties in nicely with the window treatments
that I made for her. My query? What kind of batting should I use,
because I don't want the end result to be "poofy." I plan to quilt
just enough to give additional movement to the fabric. Any and all
suggestions are appreciated.

Regards to all and TIA!

- dlm.

Ginger in CA June 11th 10 01:33 PM

Greetings and Dresser Scarf Query

Single layer of flannel [prewashed several times to get the shrinkage
out] would probably work.

Ginger in CA

Maureen Wozniak June 11th 10 01:50 PM

Greetings and Dresser Scarf Query

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 07:22:02 -0500, dlm. in Central MA wrote
(in article
):

Hello from an "oldie" returning once again to the fold! DD#1 needs a
dresser scarf and end table scarf to protect her new bedroom furniture
from scrapes and scratches. I found the perfect tone-on-tone floral
fabric for the top, a matching solid for the bottom, and a stunning
green for the binding that ties in nicely with the window treatments
that I made for her. My query? What kind of batting should I use,
because I don't want the end result to be "poofy." I plan to quilt
just enough to give additional movement to the fabric. Any and all
suggestions are appreciated.

Regards to all and TIA!

- dlm.

I'd suggest one of the batting that is used for quilted garments. Very thin
and light. I think it is called Thermore. Or you could just split the
layers of a regular batting.

Maureen

Rita L. in MA[_2_] June 11th 10 02:13 PM

Maureen Wozniak wrote:

I'd suggest one of the batting that is used for quilted garments. Very thin
and light. I think it is called Thermore. Or you could just split the
layers of a regular batting.

Maureen

I would second the Hobbs Thermore recommendation. It is fairly thin and
does not "poof".

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)

-dlm. in Central MA June 11th 10 04:28 PM

Greetings and Dresser Scarf Query - THANKS!

On Jun 11, 8:22*am, "-dlm. in Central MA" wro

Many thanks for the suggestions! I've placed an order for the Hobbs
Thermore batting at Hancock's of Paducah.

- dlm.

Butterflywings June 11th 10 06:11 PM

Greetings and Dresser Scarf Query

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE'S
BBBBBBAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your chair off the waiting wall and set it on down here and pass the
M&M's and let us know what all you've been up to lately

Butterfly ( just thought about you a coupla days ago and here you are ; ) )

-dlm. in Central MA June 11th 10 06:59 PM

Greetings and Dresser Scarf Query

On Jun 11, 1:11*pm, "Butterflywings"
wrote:
SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEE'S
BBBBBBAAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your chair off the waiting wall and set it on down here and pass the
M&M's and let us know what all you've been up to lately

Butterfly ( just thought about you a coupla days ago and here you are ; ) )

"-dlm. in Central MA" asked a question about quilting a dresser scarf and said "Hi!"

Ohhh...thanks for the welcome back, Butterfly! I'm still doing a bit
of quilting as well as some home-dec sewing. Hopefully, being around
other quilters at this virtual quilting frame will inspire me to
finish up my UFOs before I start too many more projects ( S ).

Take care!

- dlm. "who is passing around some Vermont Nut Free
Chocolates...want some?"