CraftBanter

-   Glass (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   any advice about rubino oro moretti (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=46251)

Janet R March 10th 05 03:24 AM

any advice about rubino oro moretti

I finally got my hands on a small stash of rubino. This glass
evidently needs to be handled differently.....ugh! On a few occasions
I have had success, but mostly I end up with mud or smudges in the
glass. I am making 3 petal flowers and one of the three petals will
look burnt.

Any advice or ideas? (I am using a hot head...but I do great with
other glass)

Thanks all,
Janet R

Kalera Stratton March 11th 05 05:53 AM

Rubino is hard to work on a hot head because it reduces very easily...
hence the black gunk. If you work it really slowly, far out in the
flame, you may be able to avoid that problem, but some batches are worse
than others.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com