CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hallmark 297 (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12744)

Peter February 17th 04 02:16 AM

Hallmark 297

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but maybe someone can help me
anyway.

My friend has a ring with the number 297 engraved on the inside. Is this a
Hallmark stating the percentage of gold? If so what does it mean? If not
then what does it signify?

Thank you
Peter

Dale Porter February 17th 04 03:23 AM

It could be any number of things. Is it engraved or stamped? My money is on it
being a catalog or
mould number if it appears to be stamped.

--
Dale Porter
*Add .au to e-mail address to respond*

KG February 19th 04 02:38 AM

"Peter" wrote in message
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but maybe someone can help

me
anyway.

My friend has a ring with the number 297 engraved on the inside. Is this a
Hallmark stating the percentage of gold? If so what does it mean? If not
then what does it signify?

Thank you
Peter

You sure it's 297 and not 927?

Could make a significant difference. :-)

KG