CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bead Fest report (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=86734)

Patti August 26th 07 01:28 AM

Bead Fest report

OK, I'm back from Bead Fest. It was an awesome show. I bought:
a double drilled strand of Sodalite ($7.00), large carved carnelian
rounds, frosted with dragons carved on them ($8), black glass carved
with swirls (12), rectangular glass, looks like Limon quartz (5), red
jade faceted rectangles (8), 2 strands of top drilled peach FWP drops
(5), mixed colors of Tourmaline in large buttons (21), beautiful,
large graduated Ruby quartz (22), a pair of dichroic earrings (13), a
dichroic plaque bracelet, which was a steal at 20, two strands of that
lead free pewter which looks like Bali (8), some real Bali spacers and
3 clasps.
Show was busy, but on two floors, so it wasn't hard to get around.
They also had the air conditioning cranked up (it was 87 outside), so
it was cool in there, I think that is the only time I've ever gone to
a Bead show where I didn't think I was going through menopause again.
I was exhausted when I came home and just took a 5 hour nap.I never
take naps.

Patti

Shirley Shone August 26th 07 06:42 AM

Bead Fest report

Green with envy at your lovely purchases.
Once again wished I could have been with you.
Hugs
Shirley

In message om, Patti
writes

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

Kandice Seeber August 26th 07 02:40 PM

Bead Fest report

Soooo jealous! Sounds like you got a lot of pretty stuff. :) We're trying
to buy a house, so no bead shows for me for awhile. *sniff*

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

ps.com...

Patti August 26th 07 04:14 PM

Bead Fest report

Shirley's comment made me think of something. I wish we could all go
to the same bead show, one that is within driving distance and
centrally located. Of course, since we are all spread out all over
the world, that isn't possible. But, wouldn't we all have a great
time together???

Patti

Mike Gribble August 26th 07 08:35 PM

Bead Fest report

Patti, we would have a wonderful time but imagine shopping with a group who
all want different things. Suggest we have a briefing meeting- I am
always grateful to Barbara for showing me lamp work row at Bead and Button,
then arranging a meet up time. Every one will shop at their own pace.

Next, coffee, showing every one what we had, then another shopping spree,
trying to find all the choice goodies that others had located!!

Dreams are free.

Cheers,Jan

Patti August 27th 07 04:05 AM

Bead Fest report

Hi, Jan,
Sometimes I think the bead show n tells are the best part of bead
show shopping!
Hope all is well.
Great to hear from you,
Patti