CraftBanter

-   General Crafting (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rug braiding problem (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=15814)

Frankenmel February 3rd 04 05:44 AM

Rug braiding problem

Hi

I'm having lots of fun braiding rugs,but I've run into a problem. I'm using
sheets and lacing the braids parallel to eachother,rather than oval,round,etc.
The problem I'm having is that the one side is curving outward,i.e. becoming
convex. It doesn't seem to matter whether I alternate sides when I'm lacing. It
must be something to do with the lacing tension or the tension when I braid the
strips. I'm using one strand of upholstery thread and lacing as I would lace
shoes.

Thanks for any help!

Sharon........Don't think of it as getting hot flashes.
Think of it as your inner child playing with matches.