CraftBanter

-   Polymer Clay (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Polishing clay beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=16405)

DianeGlassAttic July 5th 03 06:38 PM

Polishing clay beads

I make small beads
and it's very hard to polish them. Is there something you can do besides
hand-rubbing these beads to make them look finished?

Check out the info I have for one quicker way on this page ...using a
Scumbuster in a shallow bowl of water with the beads (or possibly a Mouse
sander) :
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/sanding_tumbling.htm
(in the sub-category "Power Tools")

(My info on using a tumbler is various ways is on the same page.)

For buffing the beads after sanding to smooth them, check out these pages:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/buffing.htm
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/to...rksurfaces.htm (for using a
Dremel)

HTH,

Diane B.
http://glassattic.com --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

E-mail: (don't use AOL address)

Tonja L. July 7th 03 05:10 AM

Hi Diane,
I had completely forgotten about that Scumbuster in the bowl thing.
LOL HAve you seen my latest scumbuster tweak. G I had my DH modify
the carpet scrubber attachment with all the litle spiky wheels. He cut
off the side ring and center ring so it was a flat disk and I put on
velcro (the scratchy side) to attach the larger foam pad that had the
elastic bonnet over it. I posted a bunch of pics with captions at the
PCC forum. http://forums.delphiforums.com/polym...es?msg=26078.1

DianeGlassAttic July 9th 03 08:09 PM

LOL... Have you seen my latest scumbuster tweak? G . .

No, but that's very cool!
Was it very difficult to hack saw off the perimeter wall evenly??

Diane B.