CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Wooly (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=85207)

Katherine July 5th 07 03:06 PM

Wooly

Continuing with dog news, I wanted to share our latest about Wooly. As
some of you know, when I came home in February, we found out that
Wooly was developing cataracts. Well, when I went back after Easter,
we discovered that she had diabetes. It must have been developing for
some time, as she is now having two needles a day. Keith has been
responsible for them, and today I gave her one for the first time. In
fact, this is the first time I have EVER given anyone a needle! What a
weird sensation! Wooly is so good about them. In fact, a couple of
minutes before they are due, she comes looking for a grown-up, almost
as though she knows that it is just about time. Keith thinks that
maybe she feels the need for her insulin at that time.
Poor little dog!

Higs,
Katherine

myswendy July 5th 07 04:48 PM

Wooly

On Jul 5, 10:06 am, Katherine wrote:
Continuing with dog news, I wanted to share our latest about Wooly. As
some of you know, when I came home in February, we found out that
Wooly was developing cataracts. Well, when I went back after Easter,
we discovered that she had diabetes. It must have been developing for
some time, as she is now having two needles a day. Keith has been
responsible for them, and today I gave her one for the first time. In
fact, this is the first time I have EVER given anyone a needle! What a
weird sensation! Wooly is so good about them. In fact, a couple of
minutes before they are due, she comes looking for a grown-up, almost
as though she knows that it is just about time. Keith thinks that
maybe she feels the need for her insulin at that time.
Poor little dog!

Higs,
Katherine

Awww! What a lucky mom Wooly has!
Wendy

Katherine July 5th 07 08:19 PM

Wooly

On Jul 5, 12:48 pm, myswendy wrote:
[...]

And a good dad!

Higs,
Katherine

Not Likely July 7th 07 03:05 PM

Wooly

"Katherine" wrote in message
ps.com...
Continuing with dog news, I wanted to share our latest about Wooly. As
some of you know, when I came home in February, we found out that
Wooly was developing cataracts. Well, when I went back after Easter,
we discovered that she had diabetes. It must have been developing for
some time, as she is now having two needles a day. Keith has been
responsible for them, and today I gave her one for the first time. In
fact, this is the first time I have EVER given anyone a needle! What a
weird sensation! Wooly is so good about them. In fact, a couple of
minutes before they are due, she comes looking for a grown-up, almost
as though she knows that it is just about time. Keith thinks that
maybe she feels the need for her insulin at that time.
Poor little dog!

Higs,
Katherine

Aww, bless her!

They do know who love and care for them. Too bad people didn't have the
instincts of animals, to know correctly who to trust and who to stay away
from.

*hugs*
Gem

Katherine July 7th 07 03:11 PM

Wooly

On Jul 7, 11:05 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:

They do know who love and care for them. Too bad people didn't have the
instincts of animals, to know correctly who to trust and who to stay away
from.

Too bad more people aren't more like animals in many ways! You won't
see
a dog starting a war, will you?

Higs,
Katherine

Bernadette July 7th 07 07:01 PM

Wooly

What amazes me about all the "furry family" members who have lived with us
over many years is that they seem to know when you're trying to help them.
Even if what you need to do for them is uncomfortable they accept it
because of the trust they have placed in you.

It was only when I became responsible for my first kitty that I learned
that power like that carries ultimate responsibility also.

Bernadette

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply July 7th 07 07:06 PM

Wooly

Katherine wrote:

Too bad more people aren't more like animals in many ways! You won't
see
a dog starting a war, will you?

Uh, yeah, I do. I have a new 4MO puppy who is always trying to battle
with Winnie, my other dog, and the two cats.

And we tried a dog out from the pound years ago and sadly had to return
her because of her aggression problems.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

Katherine July 8th 07 11:02 PM

Wooly

On Jul 7, 3:06 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Too bad more people aren't more like animals in many ways! You won't
see
a dog starting a war, will you?

Uh, yeah, I do. I have a new 4MO puppy who is always trying to battle
with Winnie, my other dog, and the two cats.

And we tried a dog out from the pound years ago and sadly had to return
her because of her aggression problems.

Oh, dear, that is too bad. My dog and cat don't love each other, but
they
don't fight either. As for the dog from the pound, it sounds to me as
though
she had been abused. Poor thing!

Higs,
Katheirne

Not Likely July 9th 07 03:32 AM

Wooly

"Katherine" wrote in message
ups.com...
don't fight either. As for the dog from the pound, it sounds to me as
though she had been abused. Poor thing!

Our neighbours had a German Shepherd dog... not too old really (about two
years old maybe), as well as an older cockapoo and a middle aged jack
russell... they all got along okay. Then they brought home a German
Shepherd puppy. When they put it in the kennel with the older German
Shepherd (both males), it tried to kill the puppy. They kept the puppy and
got rid of the older one. I have no idea if they actually had it put down
(I would hope not... considering it got along with the older and smaller
dogs), or just gave or sold it to someone else.

The younger German Shepherd is about 8 months or so now. He barks a lot
(talking, not in an aggressive way, until he sees Casper through the
fence)... but I talk to him through the fence (wooden, close together) and
he quietens down to listen to me. When I come out to get in the van, he
stands by the fence watching me... when I pull into the lane and get out of
the van he stands by the fence watching me. When I have a dog biscuit in my
pocket, I give him one. He rarely wags his tail, but once in a while when
I'm talking to him through the fence he wags briefly. I don't think he is a
particularly happy puppy.... the people rarely talk to him (except to say
"Shut up" when his barking gets on their nerves), and *very* rarely let him
out of the kennel to run in the big back yard. He is left in the kennel all
day long while the two older dogs are in the house with the people. :o/
Sad to think that the lady who lives next door is the only friend that poor
little guy has, and the only one who pays any attention to him when I come
or go... no wonder he comes to stand by the fence watching me when I am out
there.

*hugs*
Gem

Katherine July 9th 07 02:18 PM

Wooly

On Jul 8, 11:32 pm, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Some people should not be allowed to have animals.

Higs,
Katherine