CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Making ski wear (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37358)

Ian December 2nd 03 03:17 PM

Making ski wear

The problem: One very round 6 year old daughter who is desperate to go on a
skiing holiday... but we cant find any readymade trousers/salopettes to fit
her.

Can anyone point me to web sites where I could get the
advice/patterns/materials necessary to make her some salopettes. I have no
experience whatsoever in making outdoor/waterproof wear..is it significantly
more demanding than making a basic pair of trousers?

Thanks
Karen

Penny S December 2nd 03 03:31 PM

Ian murmured while asleep:
The problem: One very round 6 year old daughter who is desperate to
go on a skiing holiday... but we cant find any readymade
trousers/salopettes to fit her.

Can anyone point me to web sites where I could get the
advice/patterns/materials necessary to make her some salopettes. I
have no experience whatsoever in making outdoor/waterproof wear..is
it significantly more demanding than making a basic pair of trousers?

Thanks
Karen

Not sure where you are located... this site here lists all known (world)
shops that sell outdoors fabrics and patterns.
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/sources.htm I'm pretty sure that Green
Pepper and Kwik Sew and probably others have a kid's "bib" snowpants, which
is what we call them in the USA.

Some sewing tips (basic) for outdoors gear here
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/tips.htm

The Textile Outfitters site/catalog probably has the best selection. Sewing
this stuff usually isn't rocket science, if you have a good grasp of the
basics.

Penny S

--
Specialty Outdoors
Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing