CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No Pain! (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=6151)

Jalynne May 14th 04 05:23 PM

No Pain!

Oh, that's awesome, Kathy!!!! Praying that it just gets better and better.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm not about to cry with pain.
It's still there, a little, but the pain has reduced enough for me to force
it out of my consciousness. For me, this is *huge.*

I went to YA doc yesterday, and he gave me some muscle relaxants. I had
taken Flexoril in the past, and reported that it had done nothing for the
pain, but just made me so stoned I didn't care. He gave me a newer medicine,
Robaxin, which is supposed to make you less dopey, and is having me boost it
with Ultram and Vioxx. (A pain med and an anti-arthritis drug)

I'm drowsy, to be sure, but I hope that will pass. But to be in such a small
amount of pain that I can think about other things first is so amazing. It's
only a short term solution, until I go see the surgeon in a month. Feh. I'm
probably not going to get away without another operation, but I'll fight to
keep it as low-key as possible, and not the drastic spinal fusion/Harrington
rod nightmare I've been hearing about.

Now, I just have to remind myself that the bad stuff that hurts is still
there, and I shouldn't go overboard just because the pain is lessened for
now. I realized that I hadn't been miraculously cured overnight when I tried
to play ball with Sophie this morning. And no, there are no miraculous cures
that will enable me to do housework. Ever.

Kathy N-V

Barbara Forbes-Lyons May 14th 04 05:30 PM

Hope this is the first of many posts in the same vein. Enjoy your first
pain-free weekend in a while!

Barbara

roxan May 14th 04 05:54 PM

I sincerely hope the meds help you till you can seek a better solution to
your health problem.
Many hugs coming your way.
Roxan

JL Paules May 14th 04 08:19 PM

I am so glad to hear this from you!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Dr. Sooz May 14th 04 08:34 PM

(my fingers are going to drop off for writing such lies.)

Haw haw HAW
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

KDK May 14th 04 08:56 PM

Wow - what good news for you! I'm so happy for you. I truly cannot imagine
living everyday with pain.

Now don't overdo - but do enjoy!

Kathy K

Helen Page May 15th 04 12:04 AM

Kathy N-V wrote:
For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm not about to cry
with pain. It's still there, a little, but the pain has reduced
enough for me to force it out of my consciousness. For me, this is
*huge.*

snip

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE! Yay! Really pleased for you!

And no, there are no miraculous cures that will enable me to do
housework. Ever.

Oh dear. ;)

Jalynne May 15th 04 12:12 AM

Then there's me, who really enjoys cleaning, just not the mess monsters that come
along after I'm done....sigh.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:36:45 -0400, Diana Curtis wrote
(in message ):

Are you really sorry to have to give up
housekeeping?

Oh yes. Heartbroken. I live to clean.