CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Smocking (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=52882)

Shannon July 5th 05 11:48 AM

Smocking

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a pattern for a smocked baby
nightie? Just the little flannel ones with a tie in the back. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks, Shannon.

CypSew July 5th 05 09:04 PM

Have you looked at Sew Beautiful magazines or on their website? Martha
Pullen does lots of smockiing and her magazines(S B) are always full of
smocking patterns and ideas. Do a search for Sew Beautiful and/or Martha
Pullen. She is on the PBS channels in many parts of the USA, not sure about
other countries.
HTH
Emily

Kay Lancaster July 5th 05 10:42 PM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:48:39 -0400, Shannon wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a pattern for a smocked baby
nightie? Just the little flannel ones with a tie in the back. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks, Shannon.

The folks who do "heirloom sewing" are usually the ones who also smock.
I think you're looking for a "daygown pattern".

http://www.google.com/search?q=heirl...ch&hl=e n&lr=

Sew Beautiful magazine typically has a daygown pattern included every few
issues.