CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   boooooohooo where are you all ? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107263)

mirjam January 24th 10 08:58 AM

boooooohooo where are you all ?

Anybody here
mirjam

King's Crown[_3_] January 24th 10 09:05 PM

boooooohooo where are you all ?

I'm here. I've knitted the 2nd slipper, so have a pair for my sister in
law. I knitted 3 hats. One using some recycled yarn. Turned out gorgeous.
I'm going to try and knit some socks next. I'm doing all of this on my
knitting machine.

I have knitted several scarves by hand. OH! And I'm going to crochet a
ground hog just for giggles. I bought the pattern and the yarn already.

Lynne

"mirjam" wrote in message
Anybody here
mirjam

mirjam January 25th 10 09:19 AM

boooooohooo where are you all ?

"mirjam" wrote in message

Anybody here
mirjam- Hide quoted text -

hallo Lynne , nice to see you are in, i just finnished a vest for me
with some tottaly playful pattern made up as i knitted it.
+ am finishing last touches to a work for the exxhibition "The magic
wands II" , than while going back to the loom to finish a woven work i
will cast on some stitches to work something in the Bus,,,,
i never saw a ground hog ......have to look it up .
My last Humoristic work was an apple with a worm ,,, the worm being
somebody that insulted me very bitterly
mirjam

King's Crown[_3_] January 25th 10 10:21 AM

"mirjam" wrote in message
"mirjam" wrote in message

Anybody here
mirjam- Hide quoted text -

hallo Lynne , nice to see you are in, i just finnished a vest for me
with some tottaly playful pattern made up as i knitted it.
+ am finishing last touches to a work for the exxhibition "The magic
wands II" , than while going back to the loom to finish a woven work i
will cast on some stitches to work something in the Bus,,,,
i never saw a ground hog ......have to look it up .
My last Humoristic work was an apple with a worm ,,, the worm being
somebody that insulted me very bitterly
mirjam

Until last summer I had never knitted or crocheted anything just for fun.
Well I mean like a toy. I made a panda. Turned out adorable. Then I
crocheted a couple ice creams and their cones. They were so silly. Gave
them to a friends with kids and kept one for myself.

Do you ever post pictures of your creations online?

Lynne

mirjam January 25th 10 01:07 PM

boooooohooo where are you all ?

Hallo Lynne

Until last summer I had never knitted or crocheted anything just for fun.

I have to admit that even when i knit something useful , i still have
fun making it.
And over the years of knitting crocheting etc i made many things for
Fun, but i understand you call Fun things , that which others call ,
Not Useful things. Well i am kniting Artworks , in which the knitting
technique is an important part of their `imagery`. You may see such
works [ those that already have been exhibited ] on my site
http://fibersiv.net

as well as some Moebiouses and a hair dresser that some people posted
with my patterns ,

crocheted a couple ice creams and their cones. *They were so silly. *Gave
them to a friends with kids and kept one for myself.

hahahahahah how nice .

Do you ever post pictures of your creations online?

see above
, have you posted something that i can see Please ???
mirjam

[email protected] January 25th 10 04:13 PM

boooooohooo where are you all ?

I have been crocheting mittens for Christmas (done now) as well as
knitting socks for myself and a baby gift for a co-worker's soon to be
born grand-daughter. Some spinning happening.

SpikeDriver January 25th 10 05:53 PM

boooooohooo where are you all ?

On 1/24/2010 1:58 AM, mirjam wrote:
Anybody here
mirjam

I am working on my 15th helmet liner for our youngsters serving in the
cold desert and mountain nights abroad.

Dennis

mirjam January 26th 10 08:09 AM

boooooohooo where are you all ?

I am working on my 15th helmet liner for our youngsters serving in the
cold desert and mountain nights abroad.

Dennis

Hallo Dennis ,
May all the the people who serve come home safely .
do you knit a Helmet liner like i do a warm hat for children ? an all
head cover with a `hole` for the eyes ?

mirjam

mirjam January 26th 10 08:11 AM

On Jan 25, 5:13*pm, " wrote:
I have been crocheting mittens for Christmas (done now) as well as
knitting socks for myself and a baby gift for a co-worker's soon to be
born grand-daughter. *Some spinning happening.

Hallo farant [i don`t know another name ?]
do you also crochet leg warmers ?
mirjam

Bruce Fletcher January 26th 10 02:07 PM

On 26/01/2010 07:09, mirjam wrote:

I am working on my 15th helmet liner for our youngsters serving in the
cold desert and mountain nights abroad.

Dennis

Hallo Dennis ,
May all the the people who serve come home safely .
do you knit a Helmet liner like i do a warm hat for children ? an all
head cover with a `hole` for the eyes ?

mirjam

That sounds very much like what we would call a "balaclava helmet".
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney