CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crochet: counterpane stitch? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=42673)

Noreen's Knit*che July 12th 04 08:39 PM

Crochet: counterpane stitch?

Anybody know what the counterpaine stitch is?
TIA,
Noreen

Peggy July 12th 04 08:44 PM

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Anybody know what the counterpaine stitch is?
TIA,
Noreen

No, but found reference to it he
http://www.kids-study.com/How_to_Cro...855858274.html
If you have that book, maybe it's in its stitch glossary.
Sorry I'm not more helpful.
Peggy

Noreen's Knit*che July 12th 04 09:02 PM

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:44:32 -0800, Peggy wrote:

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Anybody know what the counterpaine stitch is?
TIA,
Noreen

No, but found reference to it he
http://www.kids-study.com/How_to_Cro...855858274.html
If you have that book, maybe it's in its stitch glossary.
Sorry I'm not more helpful.
Peggy

Thanks for the reference, Peggy... I saw it on the cover of a book, stating
that if one learns the counterpane stitch, they can make the mittens in
their book... I've looked through all MY books and can't find it.......
Noreen

Peggy July 12th 04 09:13 PM

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Anybody know what the counterpaine stitch is?
TIA,
Noreen

Perhaps if you post he
http://www2.stitchguide.com/cgi-bin/...bbbs_config.pl , you might
get help.
Good luck!
Peggy

Stella Fenley July 13th 04 01:04 AM

here is some sites for you that might help Noreen.
http://www.wiseneedle.com/knitpatterns.asp
http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/godey/images/s6007071.jpg
http://knittingfun.homestead.com/files/Lace_Link0504htm
http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/hexagon.txt
Hope these will help you.Good Luck.Stella

Crochooked June 5th 10 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noreen's Knit*che (Post 354237)
Anybody know what the counterpaine stitch is?
TIA,
Noreen

From this website: http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/P_CROCHET.HTM

Yarn over, insert hook through stitch, yarn over and pull through the stitch and the yarn over, yarn over and pull through the two loops on the hook

I'm not sure that the stitch is actually named the "counterpane stitch", it look more like a reference to making single crochet stitches looser.

Jane