CraftBanter

-   Carving (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Japanese chisels in Grizzly catalog (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=10889)

[email protected] January 15th 05 10:51 AM

Japanese chisels in Grizzly catalog

I saw in the Grizzly catalog a set of 12 japanese carving chisels for
$40. I also saw a set of 12 Grizzly brand carving chisels for $60. How
good are these? Seems like they could be better than the $10 sets of
chinese chisels but less expensive than the famous name brands.

[email protected] January 15th 05 04:23 PM

Here are the links to the chisels I'm talking about:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G8083

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G8083

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=H2930

They don't look as cheaply made as the $10 sets of chisels I've seen on
Ebay.
It'd be nice to get a good set of 12 chisels for $40 to $60, so I'm
wondering if these are good, or good enough.

John January 18th 05 02:36 PM

I don't see anything in the description to indicate these
are from Japan
I didn't see a hardness rating
I'd stay away, they look just like the cheap junk tools on ebay