CraftBanter

-   Jewelry (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83950)

mbstevens May 24th 07 04:39 PM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

Séimí mac Liam May 25th 07 03:56 AM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

mbstevens wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

That will do what? Make stained Glass three dimensional geometric solids?

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the court of Queen Maeve

Al Balmer May 25th 07 03:56 AM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

On Thu, 24 May 2007 15:39:42 GMT, mbstevens
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

It's just glass. Cut on a saw.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Andrew Werby May 25th 07 03:57 AM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

"mbstevens" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

[Stained glass? I use my lapidary grinder to fix bad edges, if that's what
you mean. But with practice, I'm using it less...]

Andrew Werby
www.unitedartworks.com

Don T. May 25th 07 03:57 AM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

Ameritool.

Lapidary and Glass tools and supplies. Shop for saws, polishing and
grinding machines and glass grinders with complete accessories and supplies.
www.ameritool-inc.com/

--

Don Thompson

Stolen from Dan: "Just thinking, besides, I watched 2 dogs mating once,
and that makes me an expert. "

There is nothing more frightening than active ignorance.
~Goethe

It is a worthy thing to fight for one's freedom;
it is another sight finer to fight for another man's.
~Mark Twain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"mbstevens" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

Abrasha May 25th 07 05:22 AM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

mbstevens wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

Nobody. Those are not gems cut with lapidary equipment. Those are
"stained glass' objects.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Marilee J. Layman May 25th 07 05:23 AM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

On Thu, 24 May 2007 15:39:42 GMT, mbstevens
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

LOL The giants have come down the beanstalk.
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com

mbstevens May 25th 07 04:28 PM

wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/yvz9w7

LOL The giants have come down the beanstalk.

Yeah, I think you're the only one that has it right. They've modified
their giant flour mill to grind those things.

Now that Paley's moved to full size sculpture,
maybe Torreano can collaborate with him and they can make a piece of
house-sized jewelry. Claes Oldenburg would be proud of the heritage he's
spawned.

Peter W.. Rowe, May 25th 07 04:31 PM

Who sells lapidary equipment that will do this?

On Fri, 25 May 2007 08:28:03 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry mbstevens
wrote:

Yeah, I think you're the only one that has it right. They've modified
their giant flour mill to grind those things.

nah. They're putting grit on giant AOL CDs to use as laps.

And the group seems, other than marilee, to have been afflicted with a serious
case of the seriousnessess. Or maybe that literalcyness virus or sumpin...

Personally, i think the artist is missing a great opportunity. With just a
little addition, those things would be great as either hats, or key rings. Think
of the market potential...

:-)

Peter

mbstevens May 26th 07 04:43 AM

On Fri, 25 May 2007 15:31:56 +0000, Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

Or maybe that literalcyness virus or sumpin...

It has been going around.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/gradgrind.html