CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Preciosa crystals (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=73607)

Su August 5th 06 01:38 PM

Preciosa crystals

I'm not in a position to order yet which is killing me but I've seen a
sample card *pauses to clear keyboard of drool* of the Preciosa
crystals.

They are amazing. And I'd dump the S-word in a heartbeat once I can
lay my hands on Preciosa.

-Su *oooh something sparkly*

Patti August 5th 06 02:40 PM

Preciosa crystals

Su wrote:
I'm not in a position to order yet which is killing me but I've seen a
sample card *pauses to clear keyboard of drool* of the Preciosa
crystals.

They are amazing. And I'd dump the S-word in a heartbeat once I can
lay my hands on Preciosa.

-Su *oooh something sparkly*

PING - KALERA - Kalera often includes preciosa crystals with her
lampwork beads. Maybe Kalera would be willing to share a source for
these? I love their colors as well.

Patti

Su August 5th 06 04:26 PM

Preciosa crystals

I can buy them direct from the manufacturer but I don't want to buy
mass amounts right now.

They're gorgeous beads, and there is supposed to be a new distributor
here in the UK in the coming months which will mean I can buy them
without having to make up the bulk amounts I'd have to otherwise by
buying direct.

Some of the new colours and finishes are stunning and I can't wait to
stock up my crystal storage box with them.

I just ordered one in a moment of fiscal insanity after a good show
last weekend from The Craft Kit Company, whose storage I love!

It's this one http://www.thecraftkitcompany.com/large_cases.html
Chrissy's Large Case. 118 boxes for little sparkly things! Yumm.

-Su 'Two Gaffs'

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Kalera August 5th 06 07:30 PM

Preciosa crystals

Patti wrote:
Su wrote:
I'm not in a position to order yet which is killing me but I've seen a
sample card *pauses to clear keyboard of drool* of the Preciosa
crystals.

They are amazing. And I'd dump the S-word in a heartbeat once I can
lay my hands on Preciosa.

-Su *oooh something sparkly*

PING - KALERA - Kalera often includes preciosa crystals with her
lampwork beads. Maybe Kalera would be willing to share a source for
these? I love their colors as well.

Patti

I LOVE Preciosa! There aren't as many colors as Swarovski, but they're
gorgeous. I go through a lot of them as spacers, so I buy in bulk from
czechbeads.com, but INM Crystal has them too, at reasonable prices with,
I think, no minimum order: http://www.inmcrystal.com/

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Kalera August 5th 06 07:31 PM

Preciosa crystals

Oooh I just noticed that INM doesn't have all the colors, though! Bummer.

Su August 5th 06 09:01 PM

Preciosa crystals

Kalera wrote:

I LOVE Preciosa! There aren't as many colors as Swarovski, but they're
gorgeous. I go through a lot of them as spacers, so I buy in bulk from
czechbeads.com, but INM Crystal has them too, at reasonable prices with,
I think, no minimum order: http://www.inmcrystal.com/

I know that once I start ordering them I'll never stop! I do think
they're superb though, the quality of the samples was stunning. The
only one I love in Swarki that they don't do is the faceted donut
spacer thingy that I have a serious deep desire for.

I almost commited mayhem to get my hands on the sample cards but I
changed my mind at the last microsecond. Barely.

I would love to see Preciosa take a bigger share of the crystal market.

-Su

Patti August 5th 06 10:08 PM

Preciosa crystals

Kalera,
Thanks for posting the sites. There are quite a few items on the INM
site I'd like to order. They do have good prices on findings as well.

Patti

Barbara Forbes-Lyons August 5th 06 11:32 PM

Preciosa crystals

Shipwreck also carries Preciosa.

Has anyone seen the new Helsinki Crystals?

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Crusader

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Su August 5th 06 11:47 PM

Preciosa crystals

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:

Shipwreck also carries Preciosa.

Have you no heart?

LOL.

And can you stop using that word 'shipwreck' when I'm around?

Last night on TV there was a great show about the trawlers who still go
fishing in the North Sea, little 60' boats. So there I am, watching
this show about boats going up and down in 30' waves and the wind
starts picking up and I'm in a boat going side to side while the boat
on the tv is going up and down....

I had to turn to a different channel.

-Su

katieW. August 6th 06 03:49 AM

Preciosa crystals

Barb -

I have not seen the Helenski Crystals in person as yet, but I am hoping
that they live up to the billing.

More GOOD crystal choices would be nice.

I am a sparkle Ho, and firepolished just doesn't do it for me. I want
machine cut lead crystal.

Katie, obviously a crow in a past life