CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Re- Stiffner for doilies (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=38735)

Goaliemom August 15th 03 01:59 AM

Re- Stiffner for doilies

I just wanted to say that this post brought back some memories for me. I
remember my mom having a very large stretcher board for her doilies. It
resembled a peg board but had doily shapes printed on it. Circles and
squares patterns for you to follow. She had a bag of special pegs for the
holes. She would wash the doilies and stretch them and put them in the sun.
I haven't seen that board in years!

Does anyone else remember a board like that?

Katherine Burgess August 15th 03 02:45 AM

"Goaliemom" wrote in message
I just wanted to say that this post brought back some memories for me. I
remember my mom having a very large stretcher board for her doilies. It
resembled a peg board but had doily shapes printed on it. Circles and
squares patterns for you to follow. She had a bag of special pegs for

the
holes. She would wash the doilies and stretch them and put them in the

sun.
I haven't seen that board in years!

Does anyone else remember a board like that?

My aunt had one. She did the most beautiful crochet, and always stretched
the doilies outside. Memories!
Katherine