CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   T-shirt neck styles (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=104323)

Rob August 6th 09 10:27 AM

T-shirt neck styles

I am looking for T-shirts and/or sweaters that have a "raised" neck.
That is the cloth comes about half-way up the neck but is not rolled--
over.
Not the classical T-shirt bottom-of-neck height or a rolled-over or
sewn turtleneck (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polo_neck);
something between the two.
Once I know the name perhaps I can find some !
Why?
They feel much more cosy than T-shirt height in the winter and I find
high-necks irritate the skin.

BEI Design August 6th 09 12:49 PM

T-shirt neck styles

Rob wrote:
I am looking for T-shirts and/or sweaters that have a
"raised" neck. That is the cloth comes about half-way up
the neck but is not rolled-- over.
Not the classical T-shirt bottom-of-neck height or a
rolled-over or sewn turtleneck (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polo_neck); something
between the two.
Once I know the name perhaps I can find some !
Why?
They feel much more cosy than T-shirt height in the
winter and I find high-necks irritate the skin.

I think what you are looking for is a "mock turtleneck":
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...ock+turtleneck

Lots of places sell them. for instance:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/MockTurtl...FP-_-data_feed

NAYY,

--
Beverly
http://ickes.us/default.aspx

Kay Lancaster August 6th 09 10:42 PM

T-shirt neck styles

The two that would seem to fit your description are funnel necks and
mock turtlenecks.

With knits, you can also do a sort of contoured cut on neckline treatment
that is much like a raised crew neck. Works for a slightly raised neckline,
not so much for a fitted, higher neckline.

Kay