CraftBanter

-   Sewing (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   PANIC BUTTON (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37346)

[email protected] November 29th 03 04:01 PM

PANIC BUTTON

The Fat Man is Coming! The Fat Man is Coming!!
Cea
how are you doing on those projects?

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply November 29th 03 07:01 PM

The Fat Man is Coming! The Fat Man is Coming!!
Cea
how are you doing on those projects?

OT -- the pressure :-))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Trish Brown November 29th 03 09:53 PM

wrote:

The Fat Man is Coming! The Fat Man is Coming!!
Cea
how are you doing on those projects?

Hnnnnnnhhh! Cea, now you've made me come over all peculiar! I see now I'll have
to rationalise all my good intentions...

I've given up on DH's shirt - not enough time, not enough fabric (and, secretly,
not enough interest on my behalf)... I'll buy him a nice one and see if I can
make one for his birthday in May!

I was making a cloth doll for my DGN and got as far as stuffing the head (of the
doll, not the DGN). Then I realised the body was too small (I was making up my
own pattern as I went) and needs re-cutting. Gave up! Lack of interest! Will buy
nice little dolly and make one for DGN's birthday in April!

I *did* finish the Harry Potter bolster I'd been making for DD's bed, but she
saw it by coming home early from school one day. So I gave it to her and she
loves it! Will think of something else for her...

Yesterday was the First Sunday of Advent and I realised with a rude shock that I
have A Lot To Do in the scant few weeks left to me!

So, why am I sittin' cosily at the 'puter and enjoying myself? Off I go to Get
Things Done! LOL!
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Me November 29th 03 10:22 PM

wrote:

The Fat Man is Coming! The Fat Man is Coming!!
Cea
how are you doing on those projects?

And that would be........Hannukah Harry? ;-)
--

Joanne
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

joy beeson November 30th 03 02:14 PM

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:01:56 -0500 (EST),
wrote:

how are you doing on those projects?

I'm buying all presents this year, but there's plenty of
sewing panic going on -- I've no warm slacks, all my cycling
tights desperately need patches -- except the hand-knit
pair, which need darning -- and I've been fiddling with a
five-pocket long-sleeved wool T-shirt for weeks.

I basted on the strips supporting the jersey pockets
yesterday, tacked elastic into the hem of the jersey
pockets, and pinned it ready to sew if I ever get around to
putting the spool of baby blue sewing silk -- or maybe the
spool of pale green sewing silk -- onto a bobbin. Of course
the white, which I plan to use in the bobbin while sewing
the hem, is already on a bobbin, so all I have to do is to
re-thread the sewing machine. Sometime last week I hemmed
the patch pockets for the front and got them ready to
attach.

I wonder whether the blue plaid wool is enough to make both
a kameez-length long-sleeved dress and a pair of slacks?
But maybe I should *first* make a pair of grocery-shopping
slacks out of the brown checkish wool and if so, is my black
silk habotai stout enough for pocketing?

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ -- Writers' Exchange