CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Punch needle mania (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=103199)

anne June 3rd 09 02:18 AM

Punch needle mania

Several weekends ago, I attended a quilt exhibition. The quilts were phenomenal
as was the history lesson (they called it bed turning, or something like that).
One of the vendors, in addition to having fabrics to die for, was demoing punch
needle on a William Morris-like fabric. I was so intrigued that I took her
class and bought a lot of valdani perle cotton.

For the last 2 days, I've been punching like crazy. First try had a thin
stabilizer attached to the fabric as she had recommended. I had a hard time
seeing the design through the stabilizer and probably chose something with too
much detail. Second try was with fabric with a slight simpler, larger design
and without the stabilizer.

This is fun!!!!!!!
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Cheryl Isaak June 3rd 09 11:25 AM

Punch needle mania

On 6/2/09 9:18 PM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

Several weekends ago, I attended a quilt exhibition. The quilts were
phenomenal
as was the history lesson (they called it bed turning, or something like
that).
One of the vendors, in addition to having fabrics to die for, was demoing
punch
needle on a William Morris-like fabric. I was so intrigued that I took her
class and bought a lot of valdani perle cotton.

For the last 2 days, I've been punching like crazy. First try had a thin
stabilizer attached to the fabric as she had recommended. I had a hard time
seeing the design through the stabilizer and probably chose something with too
much detail. Second try was with fabric with a slight simpler, larger design
and without the stabilizer.

This is fun!!!!!!!

I have the stuff to try it, just have never gotten there.

But I got some Valdani floss as a gift and LOVE IT. So rich in color..
Happy punching dear.

Cheryl

anne June 4th 09 03:05 PM

Punch needle mania

says...
I have the stuff to try it, just have never gotten there.

The cameo needles are much, much better than anything else I've used. My hands
cramped after awhile with the igolochkoy ones. I doubt if I'll ever use them
again ... hmmmmmm ... if anyone wants to buy 'em or swap for 'em, contact me
off list.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

ellice June 5th 09 03:31 AM

Punch needle mania

On 6/3/09 6:25 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 6/2/09 9:18 PM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

[...]

Weeks also makes a 3-ply thread on sppols - for the punchers!

ellice