CraftBanter

-   Beads (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speaking of Beaded Cabochons... (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83789)

Anna W. May 19th 07 06:01 AM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

Does anyone have this book? If so, your opinion please.
http://www.amazon.com/Beading-Caboch.../dp/1579907180

Are there better books on beading cabochons than this one? Funds are limited
so I need the biggest bang for the buck. :)

Anna W. in Tx

Beadbimbo May 19th 07 03:03 PM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

I have it and LOVE it! I used it to do the cab that I just posted the other
day. My first few beaded cabs I did using patterns from the Internet, so
you may want to look around first because there's some good stuff for free.

The techniques in the book were a little different from what I'd learned, so
I was glad to expand my knowledge. Also, the photos are GORGEOUS and very
inspiring.

If you get this one, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Beadbimbo May 19th 07 03:34 PM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

P.S. Keep in mind that I'm a fairly inexperienced seed beader, so that's my
perspective on things.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Valerie May 19th 07 08:44 PM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

I think it's a wonderful book. I haven't bought it yet but I've been
renewing the book from the library for about a month now. lol! It will get
bought most definately though. It is a very well done book with a ton of
pictures and variations of beaded cabs. More than I thought possible to tell
you the truth!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.valeriebeads.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti

Anna W. May 20th 07 07:52 AM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

It's good to know you've used the book I mentioned because your cabs are so
pretty!! I'm so excited to get started. :)

Anna W. in Tx

Anna W. May 20th 07 07:53 AM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

Oh, I haven't even thought to use the library for that book. Great idea!!
That way, I could get started even sooner. :)

Anna W. in Tx

Valerie May 23rd 07 08:14 PM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

I looove the library. Thankfully mine is awesomely stocked and usually there
is at least one new beading book every month or so. I just picked up one
about beaded flowers, which alas, doesn't seem to be for me. But the
pictures sure are pretty!! :-D

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna W. May 24th 07 06:22 AM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

Hi Valerie...

I went ahead and ordered the cabochon book but I'll definitely be visiting
the library for more books. I'm hoping the book arrives by Friday. :)

Anna W. in Tx

Beadbimbo May 24th 07 03:34 PM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

Hi Anna,

Our library doesn't have a great selection of beading books, but there's
one I like called: Beaded Jewelry with Found Objects. I've checked it out
several times and have it right now. It has some examples of beaded cabs in
there.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Marilee Murch May 24th 07 07:26 PM

Speaking of Beaded Cabochons...

Jerri, I also have that book, as a matter of fact on page 47 is a
necklace made by my
friend, Betty Oliver, her husband sells the dichroic cabs at Quartszite
and does beautiful wire wrapped pieces. She taught me all I know about
beading! Great book!
Marilee