CraftBanter

-   Pottery (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Brent ie, Clay Boss, or Bailey which one shall I buy? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17644)

Lischneid June 12th 04 02:17 AM

Brent ie, Clay Boss, or Bailey which one shall I buy?

Okay I have narrowed my search down to these three wheels unless I can find a
used higher end wheel. Any suggestions about how to find one in Phildelphia?

I am confused about which one to buy because I have not seen a Clay Boss or a
Bailey. Does anyone know which one of the three wheels have better torque for
1- 10 lbs of clay.

tony June 12th 04 02:35 AM

I have a clay boss and like it. It is advertised to center 50 pounds...
yeah right... I can't even lift 50 pounds... I do center 10 to 15 pounds
on it regularly and have no problems. All those you mention will center 10+
pounds.
Tony

http://tonyolsen.com/up/

annemarie June 13th 04 04:42 AM

"tony" wrote in message

I have a clay boss and like it. It is advertised to center 50 pounds...
yeah right... I can't even lift 50 pounds... I do center 10 to 15 pounds
on it regularly and have no problems. All those you mention will center

10+
pounds.
Tony

An electric wheel that cannot cope with 10 pounds has got to be pretty bad
:o)
Have a go on the wheels if you can, see which you feel best with. Even if
it is not with clay.