CraftBanter

-   Needlework (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OFF TOPIC BRAGGING (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=108348)

Cheryl Isaak April 8th 10 08:28 PM

OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

lucille April 8th 10 08:37 PM

OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night.
How
about that?!

Great news. Can this influence a college to give him a scholarship based on
his hockey prowess?

Lucille

Tia Mary April 8th 10 09:11 PM

OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

AWESOME!!!

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!

Cheryl Isaak April 9th 10 01:45 AM

OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

On 4/8/10 3:37 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night.
How
about that?!

Great news. Can this influence a college to give him a scholarship based on
his hockey prowess?

Lucille

Doubtful - this is Tier II not Tier I, but who cares anyway... He shone and
that's what matters to me

Cheryl

Nancy April 9th 10 02:26 PM

OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

On Apr 8, 3:28�pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

How wonderful for him....and for you to be able to
brag about.

Nancy

Susan Hartman[_2_] April 9th 10 03:21 PM

OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

Congrats to him! It's such an affirmation when one is recognized
publicly for extraordinary effort and skill!

(And who needs affirmation more than a teenager/young adult? We always
need it, but most particularly at some stages of life!)

sue

--
Susan Hartman

Joan E. April 9th 10 04:35 PM

OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

On Apr 8, 2:28*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

That is WONDERFUL!!!!! Congrats to Kurt....give him a hug for me when
he gets back. You must be one proud mama!

Joan

Gillian Murray April 10th 10 12:14 AM

Also OT, but ... OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

You should be VERY proud of him.

You have done all, or more, any Mom could do to get him to games. This
is where he has learned his skills. You also earn an award for the
support you have always given Kurt( Elise, too).The pride of his
achievement is your reward for the love and efforts you have made.

A special accolade is due to a special Mom.

Gill

Cheryl Isaak April 10th 10 01:12 AM

Also OT, but ... OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

On 4/9/10 7:14 PM, in article ,
"Gillian Murray" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

You should be VERY proud of him.

You have done all, or more, any Mom could do to get him to games. This
is where he has learned his skills. You also earn an award for the
support you have always given Kurt( Elise, too).The pride of his
achievement is your reward for the love and efforts you have made.

A special accolade is due to a special Mom.

Gill

Thank you Gill

I'm feeling very strange - I dropped Elise off at a school dance tonight -
her first

Gillian Murray April 10th 10 01:27 AM

Also OT, but ... OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 4/9/10 7:14 PM, in article ,
"Gillian Murray" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
DS and DH are in Rochester NY for the USA Hockey Nationals (Tier II)

My "little" boy tied for 1st place in the skills competition last night. How
about that?!

You should be VERY proud of him.

You have done all, or more, any Mom could do to get him to games. This
is where he has learned his skills. You also earn an award for the
support you have always given Kurt( Elise, too).The pride of his
achievement is your reward for the love and efforts you have made.

A special accolade is due to a special Mom.

Gill

Thank you Gill

I'm feeling very strange - I dropped Elise off at a school dance tonight -
her first

Don't worry... I have met the child and heaven help any idiot hormonal
male teen who steps over the bounds.

She is delightful, but I think probably knows full well what is and
isn't acceptable.

My Dad was a good friend of the Principal when I was in my mid-late
teens. ( My God, we were so naive).He would drive to the school dance,
chat with the Principal, and at the end would ask "Do you have a walk
home?"

At that point did I have a choice?? LOLOL

She has been well raised, don't worry MOM.

HUgs

Gill