CraftBanter

-   Yarn (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Where have all the knitters gone ? (http://www.craftbanter.com/showthread.php?t=110387)

mirjam September 1st 10 05:37 AM

Where have all the knitters gone ?

No knitters no crocheters no weavers ?
where have you all gone ?
maybe we should open a new group ?
mirjam

melb September 1st 10 08:57 AM

Where have all the knitters gone ?

I have just finished sewing up a sweater for my daughter which she started
and then left.

As I can't stand UFO's I finished it.

Looks very nice!

Edna in Sydney

Jennym September 1st 10 09:09 AM

Where have all the knitters gone ?

I'm here, lurking as usual! Currently knitting booties for all my
friends who are pregnant (which is a lot of them). At least they are
small and quick to knit!

Shame about all the spam :(

Olwyn.Mary September 1st 10 09:12 AM

wrote in message
No knitters no crocheters no weavers ?
where have you all gone ?
maybe we should open a new group ?
mirjam

I am very busy trying to sew up a new summer wardrobe ( we wear summer
clothes right until the end of October here in the Big Easy). I have
sufficient dressy clothes, but, having been sick off and on for quite a
while, my everyday clothes are all falling apart.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Linda D. September 1st 10 04:51 PM

Where have all the knitters gone ?

I've been busy knitting and finished the Kimono Shawl, here's a link
so yo can see what it looks like, but mine is knit in a soft beige
Fino, a silk/alpaca blend. I still need to block mine.
http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2005/0...ono_shawl.html

I knit a pair of socks this summer in Online Supersocke "Tropic", and
have another pair on the needles in shades of white to black. I just
finished knitting a scarf for a future daughter in law in Cascade 220
Superwash.

Now I'm considering knitting my first Moebius using Cat Bordhi's cast-
on. Anyone have any hints or tips?

take care, Linda D. in B.C., Canada

Kirsten Watson September 2nd 10 08:17 AM

Where have all the knitters gone ?

In article ,
mirjam wrote:
No knitters no crocheters no weavers ?
where have you all gone ?
maybe we should open a new group ?

I'm still here, I just read more than I post, sorry! Currently knitting
fingerless gloves for a friend, the only crochet project on the go is a
vast granny square that I add all my scraps to. I don't wewave, but a
friend of mine has just borrowed a spinning wheel and I'm hoping to have
a go at some point.

Kirsten

Linda Lee September 4th 10 04:27 AM

Where have all the knitters gone ?

Where have all the knitters gone?....as far as possible from the likes
of Peter Lucas!

Linda Lee September 4th 10 04:30 AM

mirjam September 4th 10 04:39 AM

On Sep 4, 6:27*am, (Linda Lee) wrote:
Where have all the knitters gone?....as far as possible from the likes
of Peter Lucas!

Who is he?
mirjam

mirjam September 4th 10 04:41 AM

Where have all the knitters gone ?

*I'm still here, I just read more than I post, sorry! Currently knitting
fingerless gloves for a friend, the only crochet project on the go is a
vast granny square that I add all my scraps to. I don't wewave, but a
friend of mine has just borrowed a spinning wheel and I'm hoping to have
a go at some point.

*Kirsten

Kirsten
Fingerless mittens are very useful and neat , do you also add a `flap`
that can cover the fingers when one is not working ?
mirjam